Author Topic: Analogue phone call box + ATA for doorbell solution?  (Read 4552 times)

AlextheCamel

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Analogue phone call box + ATA for doorbell solution?
« on: April 10, 2010, 09:22:34 am »
Hi I am just pre-wiring a house for the doorbell/camera/gsm solution that is touted for Linuxmce. Just wondering if I can use an analouge door phone call box with an ATA for generating an event and starting the two way communication. I am assuming here you can start an event from Aterisk some how that will start the camera feed etc?
At this stage I just need to get the wiring sorted but I would feel more confident if I had a concrete plan to get this up and running, as I have only used linuxmce as a theatre box so far.
Any help MUCH appreciated!

lemming86_au

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Josh Hagger
Re: Analogue phone call box + ATA for doorbell solution?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 04:11:15 am »
Wen using VoIP systems, its better if you can avoid using Analogue equipment if you can.
You might find something like this interesting: http://www.cyberdata.net/products/voip/digitalanalog/intercomvideo/index.html

AlextheCamel

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 07:28:11 am »
Thanks for that, I have seen a couple similar boxs about as well. I am also thinking, as I can get a call box which basically consists of a microphone, speaker and momentary switch I might just put in another media director and rig the mic and speakerphone to that and send the momentary switch to one of my GC100's. I take it then I can just use the intercom function in telephony with a bit of programing of an event etc.
If anyone can think of a better way though please let me know, and if that dosnt work I will go for an IP box as you have suggested. Thanks.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 06:47:52 pm »
Hello :)

how are you planning to deploy your phone system? Analog? voip? a combination?

The topography will help you decide what your needs are imo.

You should be able to setup a sip extension as a doorbell. Double check the wiki. this mean an ip or analog + ata option. If there is a camera in the area, i believe it takes a screenshot.

ill try and find more details on this

Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 09:13:07 pm »
Found it!

thx Possy

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Doorbell

thanks to tschak and possy
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:44:38 pm by golgoj4 »
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.