Author Topic: New Installation  (Read 2344 times)

Art

• First post!
    • View Profile
New Installation
« on: January 07, 2010, 06:04:26 pm »
I'm a newbie who has been researching LinuxMCE and would like to try to implement it at my the new home.  My question is can I get someone's recommendation as to what equipment to purchase as well as how to configure my system.  The goal is to have a central entertainment center in the basement and be able to share the files stored in the central location on 2-3 other locations.
All locations will have TV and stereo or some way to play music.  I'll get into the more advance features once I get the basic set up.

I'm starting from scratch so all equipment (TV, stereo, NAS) will be bought for this purpose. 

Thanks

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
Re: New Installation
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:54:04 pm »
Take  a look at the user setups section of the wiki you can see what others  are using.

See my and others setups (link in my signature.)

Tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

AlextheCamel

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New Installation
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 09:39:09 pm »
Hi,
Might be helpful if you tell us what sort of T.V you wish to run i.e Sky, Free Satelite, Free Terrestrial HD, Analouge etc as choosing one of the easier T.V Capture cards will make your life a lot easier.
I am running an ASUS Motherboard in my core with a new I7 processor and it runs sweet! The only problems I had with setup were/are related to one of my T.V cards which is a hybrid and initially a problem with the AV wizard which turned out to be to do with my network settings.
I will by trying some Thin Clients and also a small nano motherboard with integrated touchscreen for use as Media Directors in the coming weeks if you are not in a hurry. The system is great and well worth the effort!
Good Luck!