Author Topic: Ring group alternative  (Read 3040 times)

jeffwillden

• View Profile
Ring group alternative
« on: September 28, 2009, 05:11:09 pm »
I have been using PIAF (nerdvittles) for my home PBX and I'd like to add home automation and MCE features to the system so I'm trying out LinuxMCE. I haven't figured out how to do the LinuxMCE equivalent of call groups with external phone numbers. In phone lines->settings I'm able to check the boxes for which extensions I want to ring, but I haven't been able to get a cell phone to be included there. I could set it all up in Advanced->Configuration->Phones setup, but if I set up a Ring Group in PIAF, I lose a lot of functionality like security system calls because it won't use the custom app.  ???

Eventually the setup I want: incoming calls on line 1 rings all extensions in the house plus a cell phone where the cell phone is prompted to dial 1 to take the call. Incoming calls on line 2 ring only the office extensions and the cell phone, but the cell phone can take the call without dialing 1. This is how I have it set up in PIAF. Is any/all of this possible in LinuxMCE?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Ring group alternative
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 09:46:50 pm »
you will need to add some code to both the pluto dial plan, and some code in the relevant perl scripts and the web admin php scripts if you want this functionality.

-Thom

jeffwillden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 06:59:13 am »
Thanks for your response. It raised more questions though. Is this coding job do-able by mere mortals or does it require a LinuxMCE god? Does this code already exist somewhere? Have other people done this type of thing? Does it interfere with other functionality?

On another level... I take it that it is not possible in pluto/LMCE to set up a phone that looks like any other extension but rings an external phone number...?

jeffwillden

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 05:04:48 pm »
I'm getting the impression that this sort of config isn't supported in the pluto custom-app for Asterisk. How about a more basic scenario: is there a way to have a cell phone ring together with the other extensions in the house for incoming calls? I see I can set up devices for hard phones. Is there any way to allow you to have one of these as an extension and have it ring another POTS phone line?

jeffwillden

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 07:50:21 pm »
Just posting to keep this thread current. I'm hoping someone has further insight into this topic.