Author Topic: 0810 alpha and voicemail on diskless MD's problem  (Read 2796 times)

bundie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
0810 alpha and voicemail on diskless MD's problem
« on: August 20, 2009, 09:44:37 pm »
Hi you guys,

I took the plunge and deleted my 0710 core and have a go at the 0810 alpha install. Couple of issues I came across:

1) At first my telecom system did not work. I could make outbound calls, but all incoming calls were rejected. After some skimming through the forums I came across this post:

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=8486.0

the "create_pluto_dailplan.pl" file is missing a semi-column. By editting this and running the script manually now my phone system works, yeah! (thanks patricez!). So if any of the devs is reading, this is an issue still laying around (sorry, just more work for u guys)

2) Thanx to Thom for the voicemail fixes in the orbiter screens. However I found out that it works great on my Core, but on my diskless MD's it doesn't work  :( When I click the voicemail I wanna hear it returns a "file not found" error: "cannot play /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/301/INBOX/msg0000.wav"

So how to fix this?

What i did:

- on the core edit "/etc/exports" and in the CommonDiskless section add:

Code: [Select]
/var/spool/asterisk     192.168.80.0/255.255.255.0(rw,no_root_squash,no_all_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)

- on the every MD in the house edit "/etc/fstab", and add:

192.168.80.1:/var/spool/asterisk /var/spool/asterisk nfs intr,udp,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,retrans=10,timeo=50 1 1

- on the MDs create the "/var/spool/asterisk" dir by:
# mkdir /var/spool/asterisk

Reboot the system and off I went, now I can play my voicemails everywhere in the house.

OK devs, is this the way to fix this? And should this be implemented in the future alphas? Anyways a big thumbs up for all the work you guys did.

Greets,
Reint.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: 0810 alpha and voicemail on diskless MD's problem
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 11:02:23 am »
Thank you for this, I will try to roll in a fix for the future alphas.

-Thom

bundie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 0810 alpha and voicemail on diskless MD's problem
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 11:05:51 am »
Thank you for this, I will try to roll in a fix for the future alphas.

-Thom

Great Thom,

Thx for all your efforts!

Greets,
Reint.