Author Topic: Cisco 7920 WiFi Phone  (Read 3009 times)

cafedumonde

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Cisco 7920 WiFi Phone
« on: July 18, 2009, 04:05:50 am »

All,

I have a Cisco 7920 WiFi phone that I ma trying to use with LMCE. I've had limited success, though I'm not accross the line yet. Steps thius far include:

1) Creating a device template. I derived mine from the Cisco 7970 template. Specifically my 7920 template still uses the script configure_cisco7970.pl. I expect that this could be a problem but don't have a script to replace it with.

2) Creating a device instance with the correct MAC range

3) Allowing the CORE to find the phone and associate it with a room using an orbiter.

4) Modifying the file SEP0014F2C87386.cnf.xml, which corresponds to the name of my phone.

Essentially the phone turns on, connects to my network and then trys to connect to the CallManager. After that, a message of "Registration Rejected" is displayed on the phone.

If anyone has this phone working, I'd love to hear about it. My initial understanding was that it behaved essentially like a 7940 or 7960 SCCP phone. This may be so, though it definetly isn't plug and play.

Thanks!!

CDM

cafedumonde

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Cisco 7920 WiFi Phone
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 04:08:47 pm »

Any replies? Has anyone tried to use one of these phones with LMCE? How about any WiFi phone?

CDM