Author Topic: On what exotic device do you run Orbiter - do you use web ?  (Read 3154 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
On what exotic device do you run Orbiter - do you use web ?
« on: January 26, 2006, 07:54:24 pm »
Hi,

I saw in bug reports that Orbiter is run on cisco IP phone. What exotic device do you display and run Orbiter ?

Same question for Web Orbiter ?

anything new on running Web Orbiter on (regarding Jabascript capabilities) older devices (Like 3Com Audrey, Tux, ... ) ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 10:57:25 am »
Hi Rob,

Yes, cisco IP phone (7970) can run XML services applications and it also has a touchscreen. So we are using apache and a proxy orbiter to have the user control the house with that phone. Actually, the phone has a xml browser, the protocol is very restrictive and slow, but it works.

Web Orbiter can run in any generic device which has a browser with minumum javascript capabilities (pda, tablets, pcs). It also using apache and a proxy orbiter. The request sent to apache is sent via socket to a proxy orbiter with generates new screens and send them back to apache and to Web Orbiter. Give it a try. Add a child device "Peripherals -> Web Device" for your core. If you have problems with javascript on your device, you can do some tests with Vali and try to calibrate it.

Best regards,
Chris M.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 12:50:04 pm »
Quote from: "chris.m"
Hi Rob,

Yes, cisco IP phone (7970) can run XML services applications and it also has a touchscreen. So we are using apache and a proxy orbiter to have the user control the house with that phone. Actually, the phone has a xml browser, the protocol is very restrictive and slow, but it works.

Web Orbiter can run in any generic device which has a browser with minumum javascript capabilities (pda, tablets, pcs). It also using apache and a proxy orbiter. The request sent to apache is sent via socket to a proxy orbiter with generates new screens and send them back to apache and to Web Orbiter. Give it a try. Add a child device "Peripherals -> Web Device" for your core. If you have problems with javascript on your device, you can do some tests with Vali and try to calibrate it.

Best regards,
Chris M.

Hi, thanks for info. I've tried Web Orbiter and it works from standard Pc. I got into troubles with older 3Com Audrey. I did some tests for Valy, but I'm not sure if he had any time to work on it...

Regards,

Rob.