Author Topic: Looking good so far  (Read 4743 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Looking good so far
« on: March 02, 2005, 01:08:53 am »
Pluto Home looks like it could be the perfect solution for me eventually. The only problem is that the supported hardware list isn't yet in the Pluto Home 2 rewrite. Once it is I may have to switch from my current solution. I have to admit that I was a little surprised when looking at the list of supported hardware. Nearly all of the hardware I use is supported: HAI Omni, ALC (HAI), EnviraCom, Panasonic IP cameras, Axis video cameras and even Russound CAV6.6! Again, I can't wait for all this to show up in the rewrite. What's the time frame for support for this hardware?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Looking good so far
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 06:01:14 pm »
Most smart home systems, including our Series 1, required you to write custom drivers for everything.  However we found that many devices, particularly A/V equipment, uses relatively simple protocols.  So we're developing a "Generic Serial I/O" device that requires no coding to create a driver, and can be configured using the web site.  It will contain an embedded Ruby processor for handlng variables and data manipulation.  This should dramatically speed up the development of drivers.  Therefore, our first priority is to finish this before working on the drivers themselves.  Our timeline now calls for this to be included in the 2.0.0.13 build, scheduled around March 18.  Once that's done, we will work on drivers on an as-needed basis.  We will have 2 or 3 programmers working on just the device drivers, and they usually take 2-3 weeks per (hopefully less now).  But that means we can usually add about 5 or 6 device drivers per month.  HAI Omni and the Panasonic IP cameras are near the top of the list, and I would look for them in mid-late April.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Russound and Hai Omni
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 05:26:50 pm »
Where is there documentation that Pluto supports Russound CAV6.6 and the Hai Omni products?  I could not find them listed in the Devices and IR codes section.

CPD

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Looking good so far
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 05:36:45 pm »
If you have the equipment and it's already setup, and you can enable remote assistance, we can put one of our guys on those drivers for you.  The delay is usually a lack of equipment.  We request sample equipment from the manufacturers, write the drivers and send it back.  We did this for a lot of equipment for our version 1 that we haven't yet done for v2.  The drivers themselves usually only take a day or so to write--the hassle is getting all the equipment in our office and setting it up.  So, when users already have the equipment setup and they turn on remote assistance it means we can write the drivers, log in and test that they work.  So in such cases we will move this driver up the priority list and do it right away.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Looking good so far
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 10:23:27 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  Sorry for the multiple e-mails.  One of my e-mail servers went wacky.

I will be happy to provide access to my equipment whenI get started.