Author Topic: 7.10 dedicated core and network settings  (Read 2428 times)

fillister

• View Profile
7.10 dedicated core and network settings
« on: April 22, 2008, 03:15:05 pm »
Hello,,

I've setup a dedicated core utilizing 7.10 beta 4 and a Asus M2NPV-VM motherboard with two NIC's. My current network configuration looks like this. Core external NIC (eth0) to cable modem ---- Core internal NIC (eth1) to linksys BESFX41 lan port 1, I've logged into the router and turned off DHCP and verified that DHCP is enabled on the Core yet I'm unable to get the network to communicate. does the BESFX41 need to  be setup with a static IP and gateway?  if so what would those be ?.

Thanks for your help

Fillister

agentc0re

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 7.10 dedicated core and network settings
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 03:22:05 am »
from your description it looks like you have everything hooked up correctly.  I have a dlink gaming router and have(don't currently) done what you are trying to do on it as well.  One of the things that pops up in the back of my head is that i had to IP the internal interface before i could use it correctly.  When you IP the internal interface you would give it an IP of something like 192.168.1.254/255.255.255.0/192.168.1.1 (or whatever your LMCE IP's are) the order that is staticIPforRouter/netmask/gateway

As long as you have everything plugged into the LAN ports you should be fine.

fillister

• View Profile
Re: 7.10 dedicated core and network settings
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 04:52:38 pm »
agentc0re thanks for the reply, I've tried everything I could think of, I even purchased a netgear switch but no luck so I reinstalled 7.04 and everything works just fine. I did keep the switch so now my network looks like this..   core eth0 internal NIC to cable modem, core eth1 external NIC to netgear DGS2208 switch. I also plugged my office desktop, network printer and workshop computers into this switch and everything works great.

Im just baffled as to why 7.01 beta 4 does not work, I'll try the final release later.....

Thanks