Author Topic: Three applications/features I'd like to see  (Read 2467 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Three applications/features I'd like to see
« on: November 21, 2005, 08:53:09 am »
Here are three wished for applications/features I'd like to see working on Pluto Orbiters.

- TV-Guide with formatted XMLTV data. External application that downloads the xmltv data for itself, and works regardless of any tuner/tv setup(mythtv/vdr). Allovs me to see what's on tv on any orbiter as well.

- IMDB inteface. Whenever I've rented a movie, I'd like to see some details about it. IMDB is perfekt. An application on orbiters that just searches the database, and displays the details.

- Screensaver that displays random pictures. Every orbiter and media directors. When the screen saver comes on, it displays the lates pictures in random order. Great for those vacation pictures :)

The reason I say applications is because these things probably already exists. But I'm not sure if I can install them, and add them to the External Application menu. Anyone that does?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Three applications/features I'd like to see
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 11:32:46 am »
1. tv guide -- you can use mythtv/vdr setup's tv guide to setup the guide since. i don't know how complicated will be to add an external app manager, but anyway i'll add this to a mantis bug report and we'll brainstorm for a solution
http://plutohome.com/support/mantis/view.php?id=1386
2. imdb inteface -- we already have mozilla running and you can browse the imdb site, go to computing.
you can add bookmarks so it will be easy next time when you want to browse the same site.
3. screensaver with pictures -- this is already on our list but first we need to implement an picture handler. the it will be easy to setup a screensaver, right now we have one but it's just a black screen.