Author Topic: Where are the source files used to build a diskless Media Director  (Read 2403 times)

bashers

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
I'm breaking into smaller chunks problems I've encountered this week:

When a core created a diskless set-up, where does it source its files from? The running core or a default set-up somewhere?

I'm asking as i had a problem with sources.list this week:
If you edit the one in /etc/apt on the core and rebuild the image for a diskless MD, the MDs /etc/apt/sources.list is created using default values from "somewhere", but i cannot find where?

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the source files used to build a diskless Media Director
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 04:52:24 pm »
What are you trying to achieve exactly?  The defaults used are usually fine. 

You could just edit the "sources.list file under /usr/pluto/diskless/##/etc/apt/ after setting up the MD.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

rocketlynx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the source files used to build a diskless Media Director
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 06:39:09 pm »
I have done all of the required steps for r8169.ko and r8169.ko hacks.  I've got the patching of the current MD down.  Instead of just patching the MD after creation, can the hackedd r8169.ko and the new r8168.ko drivers be put in an area where new MD's created by the core could find the files the first time around on it's own?  If so, where is the location and what are the steps to modify any files so that they are found in the source area the MD's are created from?  I'm using 710RC2 from i386 DVD version.

Thanks