Author Topic: Media menu and "live tv" entry  (Read 2962 times)

rnmixon

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Media menu and "live tv" entry
« on: November 15, 2007, 04:45:17 am »
I'm probably overlooking it in the doc, but does it explain anywhere how the Media menu on the orbiter is built?

I've figured out that chosing the top TV entry puts me into MythTV and then I just use the standard MythTV controls: Y to switch sources, m for a menu, etc.

But i notice another entry towards the bottom that reads "Qwest ChoiceTV Live TV" (Qwest ChoiceTV is my cable offering, sort of). If I select this I "believe" I am watching live TV, not going through MythTV - right?

But I would expect to see two similar items for the ports in my HDHOMERUN. Is there a way to add them?

Thanks - Richard
Core/hybrid: Antec Fusion case, Asus M2NPV-VM motherboard, AMD 64 x2 4400,  1GB RAM, Global Cache GC100, Streamzap remote, ZCU000 ZWave, Hauppage PVR-500 to cable box, HDHomeRun to two HD antenna's in Scottsdale, AZ; Akai PT50DL14 50" DLP, Global Cache

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Media menu and "live tv" entry
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 06:05:52 am »
By default MythTV is the only method of watching LiveTV, ie: it is the application that allows you to watch TV (live or recorded).

The LiveTV button/link is executing a media scenario which is generated by default for a Media Director. The scenario launches the MythTV player device which start a MythTV frontend application on the Media Director.
I am not sure what the other link is, but I would have thoughtit was MythTV as well - can you change channels etc?

HTH
Darren

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 06:38:05 am »
no, the media type he's talking about is type 11....

which is literally piping the output of the tuner directly into xine, and using the IR blaster to change channels.

The functionality is not available to the HDHomeRun tuners. I tried to add the scenario manually.

-Thom

rnmixon

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 07:20:57 am »
no, the media type he's talking about is type 11....

which is literally piping the output of the tuner directly into xine, and using the IR blaster to change channels.

The functionality is not available to the HDHomeRun tuners. I tried to add the scenario manually.

Thanks, tschak909, that makes sense given what I was seeing. Amazing it was smart enough to realize the HDHOMERUN was not supported and did not create the menu entry. Any idea why it is not available for HDHOMERUN tuners? Or if it will be?
Core/hybrid: Antec Fusion case, Asus M2NPV-VM motherboard, AMD 64 x2 4400,  1GB RAM, Global Cache GC100, Streamzap remote, ZCU000 ZWave, Hauppage PVR-500 to cable box, HDHomeRun to two HD antenna's in Scottsdale, AZ; Akai PT50DL14 50" DLP, Global Cache