Author Topic: [Q] MythTV will not store recording schedules!  (Read 7121 times)

r@d

• View Profile
[Q] MythTV will not store recording schedules!
« on: June 11, 2007, 05:05:33 pm »
Hi,

The strangest thing is happening... After a fresh install, my mythtv will not store any recording schedules. I have TV, I can manually record anything I see on the TV, but when I schedule something for record, it does not get stored (i.e. remembered).
I noted that in the system overview, there is a non-functioning tuner 1, and a normal tuner 2, but I only have one Hauppauge PVR350.
Does anyone have an idea why this is, or which log file could help giving some insight?

Thanks,

mark

cckrobinson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: [Q] MythTV will not store recording schedules!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 06:29:56 pm »
Does your user have permissions to write to the drive containing the mythconverg database?

r@d

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 06:40:01 pm »
Good point, I will check it. As a matter of fact, I will open the database to everyone as a test, and see if it works. The strange thing is that mythfilldatabase does work.
Thanks,
Mark

savvycenter

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 07:55:50 pm »
I have the same problem. No matter what problem I select to record, it keeps saying "Not recording" and there is no error associated with it. Is it really a permission issue with mythconverg? Can anyone tell me how I can check if permission is setup correctly or how can I check what's wrong with this recording issue?

Thanks in advance!

cckrobinson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 08:43:22 pm »
Try this:
Schedule a recording using the mythfrontend.
Exit myth and login using mythweb (http:\\localhost\mythweb).

Do you see the newly scheduled recordings? In my case the recordings were actually being added to the database but MythFrontend didn't see them for some reason.  I believe I simply had to shutdown the backend and start it up again for the frontend to sync back up.  I haven't had any problems since.

savvycenter

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 09:21:10 pm »
You are correct that all the schedules are there when I go to mythweb. Restarting the backend doesn't help as I have done this numerous time.

I finally figured this out. I have to change ip address in the backend from 192.168.80.1 to localhost which is the same as the master server ip address. I'm not sure why this will make a difference, but it just fix the problem.

cckrobinson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 10:56:04 pm »
That make sense.  I did the same thing now that I think about it.  I guess I never associated that change as being the solution to the recording problem.

It looks like for RC1 both IPs get set to 192.168.80.1 by default.  This seems to work much better.  Myth is much for stable for me with RC1 than the Beta2.

savvycenter

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 11:49:13 pm »
I'm glad to hear that Mythtv is more stable in RC1. I am getting segmentation fault a lot when I run the mythtvfrontend to watch tv or recording. It sometimes crashed in 5 seconds, but sometimes crashed in 10-15 minutes. When it crashes in 5 seconds, it seems that it has problem with a particular channel because when I restart the frontend, the same channel comes up and it will just crash again in 5 seconds. However, if I change channel quickly, then it won't crash. But if I switch back, it will crash again. This is frustrating for me. I hope RC1 will fix this problem. Backend seems to be stable though.