Author Topic: symbian support  (Read 13162 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
symbian support
« on: June 13, 2005, 09:21:47 pm »
When will support for symbain phones be available, as ive got two mototola a925 which will make great remotes

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
symbian support
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 10:44:56 am »
We do support Symbian already--the problem is that phone is UIQ--a touch screen interface.  We don't have a skin/gui for that because when we tried it, we found the touch screens are rather difficult to use as a remote control because the screens are small.  That's why we chose to target first the series 60 models which have physical buttons.

I don't have an ETA on when we will be able to work on a UIQ interface.  You can actually try it on UIQ anyway right now.  I'm not sure what will happen.  The software will probably install since it's still Symbian, and maybe you'll even see the cover art and remote control screens.  But I'm not sure.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
symbian support
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 08:10:22 pm »
motorola a920 a925 a1000 all have large screens that make great remotes even the p900 sony has a large screen

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
symbian support
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 07:42:10 pm »
can you provide me a link to that software ive been looking for software for ages

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
symbian support
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 10:21:33 am »
First thing to try is: Just turn on bluetooth on your phone.  The system will ask if you want the pluto software on it.  That should do an auto install.  This works with the Series 60 phones--there's no software to install manually, it's all automatic.

If it doesn't, ssh to the Core and run:
hcitool scan

You will see:

Scanning ...
        00:60:57:48:4E:E2       Nokia

Then run the PhoneInstall script with the mac address followed by the .sis file (the symbian app):

/usr/pluto/bin/PhoneInstall.sh 00:60:57:48:4E:E2 /usr/pluto/bin/Pluto_S60.sis

You will see:
1       06/19/05 10:21:42       /usr/pluto/bin/PhoneInstall.sh (server) SIS '/usr/pluto/bin/Pluto_S60.sis' uploaded to '00:60:57:48:4E:E2'

If that fails, use scp to get the .sis file and send it over the phone manually using whatever utilities came with the phone...  the application is on your core in /usr/pluto/bin  file: Pluto_S60.sis