Author Topic: Diskless Client MythTV Setup  (Read 3916 times)

cafedumonde

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Diskless Client MythTV Setup
« on: February 12, 2017, 07:11:48 pm »

Upon starting MythTV on my new diskless client, I was taken to the language setup screen but could not seem to escape from this configuration step without hitting cancel. There was no way to watch TV or recordings with MythTV.

Doing some research, I followed the instructions here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/347967/mythtv-cannot-connect-to-database

They required me to enter the IP address of the core in some configuration files and to manually copy the database password from the core to the relevant files for the diskless MD.

All is good now but I think that this should have happened automatically, as part of the install, as it has with historical versions of LMCE.

Should I submit a ticket for this?

CDM

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Diskless Client MythTV Setup
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 09:09:57 pm »
Upon starting MythTV on my new diskless client, I was taken to the language setup screen but could not seem to escape from this configuration step without hitting cancel. There was no way to watch TV or recordings with MythTV.

Doing some research, I followed the instructions here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/347967/mythtv-cannot-connect-to-database

They required me to enter the IP address of the core in some configuration files and to manually copy the database password from the core to the relevant files for the diskless MD.

All is good now but I think that this should have happened automatically, as part of the install, as it has with historical versions of LMCE.

Should I submit a ticket for this?

CDM
this was all working but myth keeps on moving the target.  No one is maintaining myth here atm.  Feel free to create a ticket and feel free to fix it.  :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 09:22:09 pm »
I created a ticket '2703' a while back concerning the mythtv setup scripts.  It is still open.

The ticket documents my findings and what I have dome to get mythtv working on the MDs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:49:35 pm by ardirtbiker »

S4Howie

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 03:28:02 pm »
It is quite a while since i setup my system,but as far as i remember i have not had problems with mythtv setup on a client,in the Language screen you just choose the Language you want to have and on the next screen you can then enter the mythcore IP and the Database you want to use and the password for it. End the settings and mythtv reloads and everything is fine. The Database name and password you can see in the cores mythtv setup.
Hope this helps for your next client setup.

Howie