Author Topic: VDR not starting  (Read 9333 times)

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: VDR not starting
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 05:19:32 pm »
Code: [Select]
<Maverick0815> @posde vrd is running, needed to edit /etc/default/vdr and set enabled to 1 and enableshutdown to 1

You said you did.  ;)

J.

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 05:50:32 pm »
You got it 50% right....posde also told me its strongly advised, not to set it....so I set it back to 0

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 05:55:05 pm »
That's not a piece of information that you shared, since you made no indication that you had changed it back I, of course, assume it is set as you said it was.  ;)  Specific information is *very* important in troubleshooting.

J.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2016, 06:48:27 pm »
check etc/vdr/conf.d/00-vdr.conf if that contains something re shutdown enabling.

S4Howie

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 09:07:30 pm »
For your information,MythTV is running like a charm for me.I cant understand how the dev´s not use it.I run 2x Nexus S DVB-S Cards and installed 3x IPTV Freebox Virtual Cards with a m3u file linked to the Channels of my provider,HD channels over IPTV. I check the Mythtv Plugin to not beeing Auto Configurated by LinuxMCE on the Web admin page. Then i run mythsetup on my core and install all Cards and do a channel search. After that you can add MD to your Core and boot them up.The first time you start mythsetup on a MD it will ask you for Language Settings and the Database and Password settings,here you need to fill in the same information like on your Core found on Gerneral Settings in Setup.In my case Coreip 192.168.80.1(better change this in Core also, not use dcerouter/localhost)and the password provided.Then mythsetup on MD will connect to the Master Backend and save the settings.If you dont want to add extra Cards on the MD leave the setup and your done. All Cards are shared,all Records are shared all in sync.Works like a charm.I can connect from Windows PC with Mythtv player,i can connect from Kodi useing MythFronted Plugin,running Kodi on windows and on android(Amazon Fire TV Stick),i can connect from Android Phone useing MythFrontendBeta and watch all recordings away from home too.I see all recodings shared from myth upnp,and watch recodings over html from browser also works,with a small delay of the file beeing transcoded.I have up running 3x MD´s.I see all my Harddrives in MythTv Status Page and all the record folder links are correct.

Please never let MythTV die in LinuxMCE,its the most used thing in my Setup.

Howie
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 09:13:39 pm by S4Howie »

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 10:42:07 pm »
It will not die. It is just not receiving a lot of love these days.

Feel free to jump in, and take the lead in getting MythTV going even better for the LinuxMCE user base.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2016, 06:25:35 pm »
@posde:
this is the current content of etc/vdr/conf.d/00-vdr.conf

#
# This file contains the arguments for VDR if invoked without arguments on the
# command line.
#
# See `man vdr`.
#

[vdr]
--record=/usr/lib/vdr/vdr-recordingaction
--user=vdr
--grab=/tmp
--port=2001
--watchdog=0
--shutdown=/usr/lib/vdr/vdr-shutdown.wrapper
--dirnames=,,1

all in all it is running much better than mythtv, however it seems not be quite stable either. it has taken to restarting sometime while watching TV, or just hanging. Two or three times I had to reboot the server, because it totally crashed.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2016, 07:48:20 pm »
Take out the shutdown line. If you use the original Upstart start configuration, it would otherwise shutdown your system.

I had issues with HD channels during bad reception. In the end I moved away from the xineliboutput to the softhddevice. But that hasn't been updated into git yet, as I am still in the process of making it work more stable.

One thing that I have noticed is: If the TV appears to hang, try switching channels. I very rarely had issue with recording playback. And, most importantly, Rule #1 applies :)

Another thing that has helped me recover a crash is: Don't power-off (the TV process from the OrbiteR), but select TV again.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 11:46:32 am »
I am happy to report, that after taking out the shutdown-line, everything appears to be running nicely :-)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2016, 12:19:49 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. I guess it is time for me to amend the pluto-vdr postinst to the latest way of doing things.

Oh, and a side note: I've completed my first recording into pluto_media script successfully, meaning, as soon as a recording has finished, it will appear in the regular list of Videos, and not only as recordings inside of VDR.