Author Topic: HaltMD/WakeMD 14.04  (Read 2334 times)

S4Howie

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
HaltMD/WakeMD 14.04
« on: February 28, 2016, 05:25:54 pm »
In my setup, i want my MDs not to be started when i reboot my Core. So i unchecked the enable wakeMD script in boot up.It is still unchecked after a boot up.I did that on the Core and Core/Hyprid.There are no hooks anymore set Enable Wake MD.But my MDs still booting up on a reboot.
If i check again on the webadmin still no hook but more down it tells me the wakeMD scripts still enabled. How to disable then?

I also recognized my MDs get not shutdown signal when i reboot my Core. But i can say they dont crash,they reload as soon as my Core is back up,and whole system is running fine.

Howie

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: HaltMD/WakeMD 14.04
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 08:03:42 am »
The script selection stuff was rendered non-functional some years ago.  It may see a return at some point but it would need a lot of TLC and un-doing of the boot scripts that was done back in 0810.  The start/stop is controlled by the shutdown method in webadmin.  If you do not want the MDs to start then set the shutdown method to 'I' for ignore.  I really don't remember fully but iirc that will prevent starts as well.

J.

S4Howie

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: HaltMD/WakeMD 14.04
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 08:35:45 pm »
Ok Thank you,nice to know that the scripts dont work. Its not that restart my Core often,so i let it this way and turn the MDs off manually after a reboot of the Core.

Howie