Author Topic: What I got working in 14.04  (Read 3935 times)

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
What I got working in 14.04
« on: February 07, 2016, 02:12:36 pm »
Usually I write what is not working, now for somthing good, that is working, mostly out of the box, here is my list:
HDMI-sound on the core
VDR
internal drives found
NAS-Box found, including correct access rights, which has recently been an issue for me on 12.04, dunno whats changed
MD creation (Asrock ion 330)
Squeezebox, Player running on RPI2 as Internet-radio
Mediatomb- need ot figure out how to get it started automatically again
Asterisk, all phones registered out of the box, no need to restart manually( which has also been an issue for me on 12.04)
qorbiter on my mobile phones

I don't claim this to be complete, but I will keep working on it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:31:12 pm by maverick0815 »

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: What I got working in 14.04
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 04:59:49 pm »
Awesome to hear how that's proceeding!  The asterisk thing is a known upstream bug in asterisk, if this is the same issue.  Phone lines will not register properly until an outgoing call is made, this is due to how asterisk verifies phone lines and DNS names.  If an IP address is used instead of a DNS name then all phone lines should work properly with no additional massaging.  If this is not the issue then please give us a ticket with specifics.  :) 

Keep having fun Mav!  And thanks for testing the new internal drive detection scripts (and fixing an error I had made)!!!

J.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 06:05:31 pm »
Mav,

thanks for the heads up. Very much appreciated!

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 09:25:49 pm »
I do have to retract a little bit.
Mythtv is really not playing nice. It works on the core some of the time. Just today it kept crashing. On my md a bit different, because there it want to know again, what country I am....I guess configuration for the md is incorrect.

darkwizard864

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 03:31:27 am »
maverick0815
I got same issue .
well I fixed it by making a different user
but now on the orbiters like phone/ipad all come up with ep etc etc for program info.

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 02:55:57 pm »
Mythtv is really not playing nice. It works on the core some of the time. Just today it kept crashing. On my md a bit different, because there it want to know again, what country I am....I guess configuration for the md is incorrect.

My MD failed here too.   Ive noticed that the user 'mythtv' sometimes has the wrong UID and GID as compared to the core.   The only thing I see a problem with this is permission rights on drives (and I assume a couple other things).   So I matched the MDs mythtv UID and GID to that on the core.

Also, I noticed that in /home/mythtv/.mythtv the file config.xml gets created (or overwritten) with an empty file.   From what i can tell, it should be a link to '/etc/mythtv/config.xml'.  I also had to edit /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt:  changing DBHostName to = dcerouter, and verifying the DBPassword is equal to that of what is on the core's same file.

Dennis

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 07:58:02 pm »
ok, sometimes I am a bit of a boob....so I gotta ask, how do you match the uid and GID for mythtv, as you said?

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 01:04:28 am »
Hi Maverick.   

On my core I can status the mythtv user by the command:

id mythtv

which returns
Code: [Select]
dcerouter_1047569:~# id mythtv
uid=124(mythtv) gid=129(mythtv) groups=129(mythtv),20(dialout),24(cdrom),29(audio),44(video),1001(public),10000(pluto_dennis)
dcerouter_1047569:~#

the same command on my MD would indicate mythtv user's uid=110, and gid some other number.

to make them the same,
on the MD i issued the command:

usermod -u xxx -g yyy     where xxx is the uid of mythtv on the core, and yyy is the gid of mythtv on the core.

it SHOULD take the command and re-issuing

id mythtv

on the MD should result in a match to the same command on the core.

Another thing I think i found is that when the mythtv user is created on the MD, a mythtv@% user is created in the mythconverg database on the core.  The password I believe is the original mythbackend password created on the MD (as seen in /etc/mythtv/config.xml  originally).

After running mythsetup on the MD, the config.xml file gets modified to match the same file on the core... the password that the MD mythtv user is trying to access the database is now wrong.    I changed the password in the mythconverg database (using mysql-workbench) to be the same password used by mysql user mythtv@localhost. (which should be the password listed in config.xml and mysql.txt)

I kept getting mysql.sock errors on the MD mythtv-backend... once I corrected the password, I got a working MythTV on my MD. (aside from fixing the settings for my capture card).

Hope this helps.

Dennis

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 04:34:20 pm »
Patches to make this work for everyone would be very welcome.  Thanks guys!

J.