Author Topic: cx88 source driver not compiling  (Read 26411 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
cx88 source driver not compiling
« on: April 27, 2005, 03:50:34 am »
I'm using your latest cx88 driver source on kernel-2.6.10-1.770_14.rhfc3.at and I'm getting on error when trying to do make. Any ideas?

> make
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.10-1.770_14.rhfc3.at/build SUBDIRS=/misc/src/drivers/video4linux modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/lib/modules/2.6.10-1.770_14.rhfc3.at/build'
  CC [M]  /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/video-buf.o
  CC [M]  /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/v4l1-compat.o
  CC [M]  /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/v4l2-common.o
  CC [M]  /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/btcx-risc.o
  CC [M]  /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/ir-common.o
  CC [M]  /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/bttv-driver.o
  CC [M]  /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/bttv-cards.o
  CC [M]  /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/bttv-risc.o
  CC [M]  /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/bttv-if.o
  CC [M]  /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/bttv-vbi.o
  CC [M]  /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/bttv-i2c.o
  CC [M]  /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/bttv-gpio.o
  CC [M]  /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/cx88-video.o
In file included from /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/cx88.h:33,
                 from /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/cx88-video.c:36:
/misc/src/drivers/video4linux/media/video-buf-dvb.h:1:20: dvbdev.h: No such file or directory
/misc/src/drivers/video4linux/media/video-buf-dvb.h:2:20: dmxdev.h: No such file or directory
/misc/src/drivers/video4linux/media/video-buf-dvb.h:3:23: dvb_demux.h: No such file or directory
/misc/src/drivers/video4linux/media/video-buf-dvb.h:4:21: dvb_net.h: No such file or directory
/misc/src/drivers/video4linux/media/video-buf-dvb.h:5:26: dvb_frontend.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/cx88.h:33,
                 from /misc/src/drivers/video4linux/cx88-video.c:36:
/misc/src/drivers/video4linux/media/video-buf-dvb.h:20: error: field `demux' has incomplete type
/misc/src/drivers/video4linux/media/video-buf-dvb.h:21: error: field `dmxdev' has incomplete type
/misc/src/drivers/video4linux/media/video-buf-dvb.h:22: error: field `fe_hw' has incomplete type
/misc/src/drivers/video4linux/media/video-buf-dvb.h:23: error: field `fe_mem' has incomplete type
/misc/src/drivers/video4linux/media/video-buf-dvb.h:24: error: field `net' has incomplete type
make[2]: *** [/misc/src/drivers/video4linux/cx88-video.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/misc/src/drivers/video4linux] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/lib/modules/2.6.10-1.770_14.rhfc3.at/build'
make: *** [default] Error 2

All of the dvb.h and dmxdev.h files seem to be missing from the tarball. Thanks for your help.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 09:28:57 am »
Can you try to see if the svn sources work ?

http://svn.plutohome.com/pluto/trunk/src/drivers/video4linux/

Also can you make sure that you have an installed kernel source tree ? The missing files are from inside the kernel source.

Sincerely,
   ToMiC

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 04:06:53 pm »
Thank you for the reply. I just looked and I do not in fact have those files in the kernel source. Maybe it would help if I installed the kernel source?

Also do you think the svn version will help? Are they more up to date? Thanks again.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 04:17:10 pm »
Hi,

In this matter i don't think they will help more but it could show us if there is something missing from the archive package.

Usually the sources in the svn are synced daily with the internal development tree so you could get more new or broken functionality depending on your luck :-)

The kernel source will definitly help in compiling.

Sincerely,
  ToMic

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 09:12:19 pm »
I finally got your cx88 source driver to compile on a FC3 system. I did in fact have to install the kernel source but then I had to copy 6 or 7 files from the source and put it in your source directory for it to compile. Now when I install my Avermedia M150, it gets recognized as a cx88 card. When I go to modprobe the card as

modprobe cx88xx card=12
modprobe cx8800
modprobe cx88-blackbird

I get all kinds of errors on the second and third modprobes. The first one works. I'm I missing any steps here? I think I heard something of ivtv emulation. How does this work? And is there a special firmware I'm supposed to use for a blackbird card? I assume so. Thanks again.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Firmware
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 09:21:58 am »
to add the firmware go to your http://dcerouter/pluto-admin/
From the menu go to Advanced->Add Software

1. select the md where you have the card
2. this is the name of the software package: cx88-firmware-blackbird-2.6.10-4
3. this is the Repository URL: http://www.geocities.com/download2kx01/
4. check Debian Repository
5. Repository Name: realextra main
That should do it.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 10:16:04 am »
It doesn't look you have a Pluto system (otherwise you'd just check the 'cx88 box' rather than build from source :)  ).

But even without it, you can still find the firmware on that or other sites, and there are utilities to extract it from the windows drivers that shipped with your card.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 08:13:58 pm »
Thanks for your reply. Yes your correct, I'm not using a pluto system. I'm trying to get this card to work outside of Pluto. I wanna see if this driver really works like you say. So even though this is a deb repository, the firmware will still work on a FC3 system? Also, do the card modprobe options look right or is there something I'm missing involving this ivtv emulation? Is this emulation already in your code somewhere? Thanks again.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 10:23:03 pm »
Quote from: "aaron.b"
It doesn't look you have a Pluto system (otherwise you'd just check the 'cx88 box' rather than build from source :)  ).

But even without it, you can still find the firmware on that or other sites, and there are utilities to extract it from the windows drivers that shipped with your card.

Hi, I have Leadtek PVR2000.

Can you give a hint, how can I find a suitable firmware for it, or how can I extract fw from windows driver? I'm using Fedora, and I compiled and load  cx88 drivers from pluto project, but I cannot extract debian package with firmware.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 10:24:31 pm »

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 09:29:32 am »
Quote from: "aaron.b"
http://www.geocities.com/medencid/

I have that file and I belive it is binary debian package.

Code: [Select]

% file cx88-firmware-blackbird-2.6.10-4_1-1_i386.bin
cx88-firmware-blackbird-2.6.10-4_1-1_i386.bin: Debian binary package (format 2.0), uses gzip compression

I cannot unpack it under Fedora and extract firmware image file, because there is no debian packaging tools ported for Fedora than can read this format.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 10:53:47 am »
Quote from: "nikki"

I cannot unpack it under Fedora and extract firmware image file, because there is no debian packaging tools ported for Fedora than can read this format.

I was able to unpack that file with file-roller. So please forget the previous post.