Author Topic: TrickleStar ZWave auto detection script - testers needed  (Read 10834 times)

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: TrickleStar ZWave auto detection script - testers needed
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 02:47:27 pm »
Just a quote note before work- I ran through the (28) individual Spawn_PNP Detection ***** logs and all of them were blank.  Possible I missed the one with something in it, so I will look again after work.

As for lsusb:

Code: [Select]
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0c16:0002 Gyration, Inc.
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

BTW- I was looking at the Spawn files from the MD that I have my usb-to-serial adapter plugged into... not the core where I have my z-wave device.  I do not have any Spawn PNP...  files in my /var/log/pluto/ directory on the device where I currently have my tricklestar and my aeon labs z-wave usb device plugged in (the core).

esev

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Eric Severance
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 03:30:05 pm »
Just a quote note before work- I ran through the (28) individual Spawn_PNP Detection ***** logs and all of them were blank.  Possible I missed the one with something in it, so I will look again after work.

As for lsusb:

BTW- I was looking at the Spawn files from the MD that I have my usb-to-serial adapter plugged into... not the core where I have my z-wave device.  I do not have any Spawn PNP...  files in my /var/log/pluto/ directory on the device where I currently have my tricklestar and my aeon labs z-wave usb device plugged in (the core).

huh,

Which computer (MD or Core) did you install the /usr/pluto/pnp/ZWave.sh script on?  You'll need to have it on both for this to work properly.

I think the Spawn* files get automatically cleaned up after a day.  It is possible that is why you're not seeing them on the core.

I'd really like to know if the script works on your MD, as that is one aspect I haven't tested yet.  You definitely have the right USB/Serial adapter to test with.

Thanks!
Eric
Eric Severance
My setup

trunkrecords

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 03:13:07 pm »
So where can I find the ZWave script that is supposed to be attached to the forum thread as stated in the first post of this thread?

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 10:40:04 pm »
I think we may have lost some forum attachments during a recent forum upgrade.  We are looking into these issues but there is no time frame.

J.

trunkrecords

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 01:10:48 pm »
Thanks, J.  Bummer though... I have struggled for some time now to get LMCE 10.04 to auto recognize my Tricklestar dongle so was excited there was work completed on a script for same.

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 09:34:02 pm »
I can't get my Aeon Labs dongle to auto-recognize either. Is that a similar problem here or should mine already work?