Author Topic: Multiple tuners in core  (Read 2964 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Multiple tuners in core
« on: October 29, 2006, 05:14:28 am »
I am intending to install multiple tuners in my core. My provider is Direct TV.  This means multiple satelite receiver boxes.  My question(s) are if I have multiple boxes, how will I control each box?  Purchase multiple IR devices?  There may be rs232 port, I am not sure.  If there is, will Pluto allow me to plug multiple USB-RS232 from my core to my boxes?  If so, how does Pluto determine which box is the correct box through USB (from Core)-RS232(satellite box)?  

Thanks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Multiple tuners in core
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 05:08:33 pm »
A device template needs to be created for this, with the child devices for each of the tuners and the capture ports.  WE should also add the vendor/model id of the pci card so it's plug and play and gets auto-created (see the template for the PVR 250).

Then when you add a satellite box (wizard, devices, a/v equipment), you can specify which port on the capture card it's connected to.  And for each satellite box you can also specify the usb->rs232 that's used.

This does work; I have a bunch of rs232-controlled a/v devices in my installation.

Are you in the U.S.?  Can you send me an email to aaron.b, and perhaps we can setup a time when you're by the phone to talk, if you enable remote assistance I can login and get the data for the card, add it to the central database, and then it will work with the next release.