Author Topic: Alarm question?  (Read 15857 times)

chemdtn687

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm question?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 02:02:02 am »
I know this thread has been dead for a while... but I have a 10p and 20p panel that I had dug up massive documentation for in order to integrate one into my house... during the process I realized that I did not have the correct key panel in order to program the systems...
I know that the Original alarm company that I had used for my business had phone capabilities to change settings check status and update my system... upon doing some more research I found the information buried deep in Alincos docs about the local modem connect method..
found that you could actually do a manual patch ... false dial-tone and force the system to connect directly from pc to panel using your modem.. So far this has worked fairly well for me other than the fact that you have to enter a command into the key panel before you initiate the connection... The line in and line out connections are built into all vista panels.

Would it be a possible work around achieve a connection to your Vista panel using this method with MCE??
John Middleton

valent

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • /kernel_reloaded/
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 04:44:05 pm »
@chemdtn687 it looks that you have invested lot of effort into doing this, it would be really helpful if you could share all info and details on our wiki page so that you also help others who hit this road block.

Cheers,
Valent. 
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!
My setup - http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Valent

chemdtn687

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 09:31:46 pm »
I am always receptive to lending a helping hand if I am of the capability of doing so... But I'm not sure as to what I could actually offer... I could disclose the documentation and methods that I used but as I have no knowledge of MCE's internal structure and handling... I am still getting myself familiar with all of MCE's installation, customization, documentation, and full capabilities.. I could not really contribute to the project on a first hand basis.  I as well have not ever added to a wiki page and would have to ask for advise as to how I should lay it out so that it did not just seem like useless babel.  I have seen that a lot all over the net. UGGH!!

Even though I made this post as more of a question to the real professionals of MCE I would be glad to share what I have found on these panels.. Just need some guidance.

John Middleton

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 05:37:16 am »
There seemed to be a lot of interest in this until I brought up that there is a panel available worldwide that is fully supported then the discussion stopped?  Anyone want to test this stuff?

Hi los93sol,

I´m really interested on working on smart pannels integration.  Brake16 suggested my to talk to you about HAI integration and linked this post.
I wanted to know how integrated the HAI OMNI family is, can you control any of the devices connected to it?.  UPB, ZWAVE and of course security stuff.  I´m interested on the Omnipro pannel but looking around I found the ELK M1G.  This pannel has good DIY at coccoontech forum and it is cheaper! 
If HAI is fully integrated, then maybe I could give it a try, but maybe there is a good opportunity to blend this two good products
Any ideas

Cheers,

T

valent

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • /kernel_reloaded/
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 07:07:43 pm »
I am always receptive to lending a helping hand if I am of the capability of doing so... But I'm not sure as to what I could actually offer... I could disclose the documentation and methods that I used but as I have no knowledge of MCE's internal structure and handling... I am still getting myself familiar with all of MCE's installation, customization, documentation, and full capabilities.. I could not really contribute to the project on a first hand basis.  I as well have not ever added to a wiki page and would have to ask for advise as to how I should lay it out so that it did not just seem like useless babel.  I have seen that a lot all over the net. UGGH!!

Even though I made this post as more of a question to the real professionals of MCE I would be glad to share what I have found on these panels.. Just need some guidance.

Just start editing a wiki page, write any "useless babel", as you say, and I'll help you format it and add appropriate categories to new wiki page. Once you start writing you will pick up wiki formatting really quickly. When you see some page from which you would like to copy formatting just hit edit and look at the tags and formatitig that previous editor(s) used to make page pretty and copy that.

It is really easy.

Just start a new page any send link to it in this thread so we can help you further.

Cheers,
Valent.
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!
My setup - http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Valent