Author Topic: Internet connection hopefulely resolved......  (Read 3053 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Internet connection hopefulely resolved......
« on: October 26, 2006, 02:14:01 am »
As some of you that have read may know, I have had some issues gettting PPPOE to work.  I dont think that the problem is inherently fault of the system.  However, I will say that I did wish that there was some improvements to PPPOE and support via the admin utility.  Unfortunately that is not the case.

However, I think that I may have a solution to my problem.  During the installation, I set the addressing scheme for my internal addresses.  For instance, using 192.168.80.xxx as my internal addressing (eth1).   My core's ip address is 192.168.43.15 (eth0).  My gateway is 192.168.43.1.

In the previous attempts, I tried to run pppoeconf and plug my internet cable directly into my eth0 port.  Never could get it to work.  This last installation, I plugged it into a router that I configured with the address of 192.168.43.1 address.  Everything works (or atl least it appears) great.  I have made no modifications to my server.  Now my original thought was that this gateway address was some additional address that the pluto core used.  I am currently using it as my router as 192.168.43.1.  I guess that my question is, am I going to have some conflict (by default, is this gateway address pointing to some device within my server) or is this the correct method?   As I said it appears to work as I can surf the web.  

Thanbks