Author Topic: Need testers - updated 10-1  (Read 40835 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Need testers - updated 10-1
« on: February 14, 2010, 05:25:55 am »
Hello all,

Latest Version
-Multi-language support
-Sets Media type 'Tv Shows' and media subtype. Subtype is selectable between: Standard Def, HD 720, and HD 1080
-Single File, Batch, and Tv Specials

If no-one else can think of any bugs, im planning on opening a trac ticket and ask possy nicely to add it.

Zips are located here
http://langstonball.com/linuxmce-topmenu-31/25-software/59-tvdb-addition-to-the-webadmin

Installation:
unzip in the root directory, files should land in the appropriate place.

Also. please, pretty please:
if you hit an error, please let me know 3 things:
1. what language you are using
2. what the filename is
3. the error reported.

Thank you to the folks who have been providing feedback so far! Keep it coming and thanks for taking the time.
there is a limit to filesize, so i posted elsewhere:

This should run on 0710 and 0810
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 12:22:55 am by golgoj4 »
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Need testers
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 10:18:04 pm »
anyone?
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

cfernandes

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • my company web site
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 10:51:16 pm »
Hello ,
i have trie this on 710 but not work

this message apear "Supermassive Fail, Directory Not Created"

Lexje

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 11:07:27 pm »
golgoj4,

I've had a quick look when you posted initially but had no time to react yet.
At first sight this can be an EXTREMELY positive addition to LMCE - Frankly I'm disappointed to see so little reaction.
After initially reading your post, I immediately headed over to TVDB.com or org only to find out their site is being overhauled or such, so I really lack information from that side. I know the forum is up, but don't know for the rest.

My main question would be re: TVDB - will it work worldwide? For German users, Belgian, Dutch, French, Spanish...?

Another question:
Can the script treat DVD collections style Stargate Atlantis S1-D1 ... S1-Dx / S2-D1.. S2-Dx etc. (you get the idea)

Erwin

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 12:55:38 am »
Hello ,
i have trie this on 710 but not work

this message apear "Supermassive Fail, Directory Not Created"

Sorry to hear that. I should have the zip updated later tonight with the proper code for 0710 or 0810.

*edit*
Checked the code and it should run. Double check permissions and make sure it can actually execute. it need to write temp files for what it downloads while working.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:01:07 am by golgoj4 »

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 12:58:26 am »
golgoj4,

I've had a quick look when you posted initially but had no time to react yet.
At first sight this can be an EXTREMELY positive addition to LinuxMCE - Frankly I'm disappointed to see so little reaction.
After initially reading your post, I immediately headed over to TVDB.com or org only to find out their site is being overhauled or such, so I really lack information from that side. I know the forum is up, but don't know for the rest.

My main question would be re: TVDB - will it work worldwide? For German users, Belgian, Dutch, French, Spanish...?

Another question:
Can the script treat DVD collections style Stargate Atlantis S1-D1 ... S1-Dx / S2-D1.. S2-Dx etc. (you get the idea)

Erwin

It is designed to work worldwide. They support many languages. I tied it to the lmce install language, but there is a dropdown on the initial search page to change the default.

As far as dvd discs, if you could post the filenames, that would be awesome. However, in the case of you ripping the entire dvd as opposed to the individual episodes...that would require some code changes but TVDB does list dvd seasons and discs so it may be possible.

Lexje

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 01:06:42 am »
Golgoj4,

I don't follow you:

Code: [Select]
As far as dvd discs, if you could post the filenames, that would be awesome. However, in the case of you ripping the entire dvd as opposed to the individual episodes...that would require some code changes but TVDB does list dvd seasons and discs so it may be possible.
What do you mean: post the filenames?
Should these be posted to TVDB?

The TVDB.com website says:
Welcome

Back On-Line Soon

February 10, 2010

We have taken our website off-line for a while, to conduct some much-needed maintenance, and to make some improvements to the back-end of our website.

We hope to be back on-line in a few weeks.

Thank you for your patience.

I guess I'll have to wait to find out what and how its all about :-)

Erwin

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 01:50:40 am »
Golgoj4,

I don't follow you:

What do you mean: post the filenames?
Should these be posted to TVDB?

The TVDB.com website says:
Welcome

Back On-Line Soon

February 10, 2010

We have taken our website off-line for a while, to conduct some much-needed maintenance, and to make some improvements to the back-end of our website.

We hope to be back on-line in a few weeks.

Thank you for your patience.

I guess I'll have to wait to find out what and how its all about :-)

Erwin

1. What country are you in? Possy said the same thing, yet whenever i go there i dont see the message. Ill have to ask their admins about that.

2. As far as the dvd's what I meant was are you ripping the dvd's? for example most shows have 4 or 5 discs for the season. So are you asking if we can get metadata for those 4 or 5 dvd's? Or are you ripping them from dvd to indvidual files like 'weeds-season1episode1' ?

For the iso's it possible to attatch metadata to them by disc. It would require some adjustments but possible more than likely.

hth
golgoh4

Lexje

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 09:47:01 am »
Golgoj4,

I'm in Belgium, hence my reaction about Germany amongst others. Over here we are off course aware of this... We also have no Schedules direct, which is a pity...

The disc scenario:
Most of the time that would be ripping DVD1 & 2 & n, yes
One of the disadvantages, even if you have proper metadata, is usually you only have ONE DVD sleeve or jacket.
I guess it would be a really 'handy' feature just to be able to stamp '1' '2' etc right on top of this sleeve jpeg or whatever. I know that some people scan the disc image and use that as JPG or PNG, but I'm not very fond of this method. It's really tedious to get them properly straightened out, and mostly hard to read, since it will end up pretty small, so I'd prefer a plain simple number.

I have the same analogous idea with music - say you rip a triple CD , with something like 50 or 60 songs. They will all carry the same image...

As far as iso is concerned:
Are you suggesting we could embed the metadata (ID3 if you like) into the iso?
I guess that would be very nice. I would also 'wish' for this to be available as a cmd to add metadata to already existing iso files instead of re-ripping.

Be glad to (try) to help out on any of these :-)

Erwin

cfernandes

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • my company web site
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 01:03:38 pm »
i have to create a directory  tvDBxml  on /var/www/pluto-admin/operations/mediaBrowser.

now search open but with this message !

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: missing terminating ] for character class at offset 12 in /var/www/pluto-admin/operations/mediaBrowser/tvdbUtils.php on line 378

Warning: DOMDocument::load() [function.DOMDocument-load]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/var/www/pluto-admin/operations/mediaBrowser/tvDBxml/language.xml" in /var/www/pluto-admin/operations/mediaBrowser/tvdbUtils.php on line 288

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/pluto-admin/operations/mediaBrowser/tvdbUtils.php on line 319

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 02:46:45 pm »
Hi golgoj4,

Thanks for the mod - great addition!

1. I also had to create the directory (was getting the superfail error). I'm not really sure what permissions the files should have though (chmod 774??) so maybe this is why?
2. Now that I have created the directory I can get the tool to work, but I have to manually enter the episode info (it won't guess) - otherwise I get the same error as cfernandes if left blank (cfernandes I am assuming you only get this when fields are left blank?).
3. Also the third drop-down is a blank entry for me (Amazon, IMDB, <whitespace>)

Otherwise works really well - and FAST! I wonder why IMDB and Amazon are so much slower?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:12:46 pm by wombiroller »

cfernandes

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • my company web site
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 02:57:47 pm »
hi wombiroller !

i left episode blank !

to resolve de drop-down list i add add text  amazon, imdb,and tvdb  on common.lang.php
$OPTION_CHECK_AMAZON='Amazon'
$OPTION_CHECK_IMDB='IMDB'
$OPTION_CHECK_TVDB='TVDB'
$BUTTON_GET_METADATA='Check'

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 03:11:52 pm »
Ahh - thanks, editing the common.lang.php was all that was needed...

Still no auto "guessed" data though of course...

Yep, I get the same issue if I leave the episode number out, though I guess ideally you'd always want one right?

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 04:35:13 pm »
1. What country are you in? Possy said the same thing, yet whenever i go there i dont see the message. Ill have to ask their admins about that.

Same result in Canada.

J.

Lexje

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 04:53:24 pm »
So that you know what we see :-)
C:\Documents and Settings\erwin>nslookup
*** Can't find server name for address 192.168.80.1: Non-existent domain
*** Default servers are not available
Default Server:  UnKnown