Author Topic: NVidia video drivers  (Read 3074 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
NVidia video drivers
« on: October 09, 2006, 03:52:13 am »
On version 0.39 I configured a MD to work with nvidia video drivers and everything worked well. When the orbiter started up I got a big NVidia logo displayed for a second or so, so that I knew the drivers were being used.

Since I upgraded that MD to 0.40 the logo no longer displays so I was wondering has it reverted back to standard drivers?
I checked the config file in /etc/X11 and it still says "nvidia" for the driver but that config is for XORG version of X11 and I was pretty sure that 0.40 has switched to XFREE86 for X11.
I tried to find the equivalent config file for XFREE86 and it is not where I expected it to be.

Anyone else noticed this and can shed some light here?
I really want to make sure I am using the correct drivers on this machine as it is suffering at the moment and I want to know if I should persist with it.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
NVidia video drivers
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 09:00:43 am »
Some further reading of the change log has answered part of the question.

Pluto has switch FROM Xfree86 to xorg rather than the other way round like I assumed.

I guess that I am editing the right config file then. Still would be happier if I knew why the NVidia logo screen has disappeared though....