Author Topic: Door Intercommunication System and Pluto  (Read 4340 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Door Intercommunication System and Pluto
« on: October 05, 2006, 11:06:23 am »
Hi,

I'm interested to know about intercome support in Pluto. Which door intercommunication system is used in Pluto? Can the IP camera with microphone and speaker be used as intercome?

I'll be glade to see what approach use other people to build intercome in their smarthome.

Thanks in advance.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 01:10:48 am »
Hi,

in my house I will probably use simple system... Just FXS compatible doorphone unit, that will go into Asterisk over VOIP adapter (for instance Sipura 3000). Actually Orbiters will be my intercom....

I think that very interesting feature would be to have video phone on Orbiters - AFAIK simplephone is now based in linphone and I bet eventually video support will be added. It would be great if user could select Pluto's cameras for video source ...

Currently I haven't found any intercom system that would be easily integrated with 3rd party applications....

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 11:47:11 am »
Hi tinia,

Thanks for your replay. Could you give me more details about configuring set doorphone unit + Asterisk under Pluto? I think that it'd be useful to have this information. You can post it in wiki.

My idea was to use some IP surveillance camera for video  and audio source (some cameras may send and receive voice, if I'm not wrong). But as I understand pluto receive only video, not audio from cameras. Maybe the best way is to use Asterisk + Orbiter softphone for voice and some camera to video. So, basically, we get videophone.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 01:34:12 pm »
Quote from: "nite_man"
Hi tinia,

Thanks for your replay. Could you give me more details about configuring set doorphone unit + Asterisk under Pluto? I think that it'd be useful to have this information. You can post it in wiki.

My idea was to use some IP surveillance camera for video  and audio source (some cameras may send and receive voice, if I'm not wrong). But as I understand pluto receive only video, not audio from cameras. Maybe the best way is to use Asterisk + Orbiter softphone for voice and some camera to video. So, basically, we get videophone.

Well in my case doorphone appears just like any other non-pluto phone - it has its own extension.

Yes, I agree about video. For a start it would be nice to have this :
- when button on doorphone is pressed, call is generated and can appear on Orbiter. But it would be nice to have option, so if phone is "tied" to some camera, that also that camera appears on that screen....
It would be nice and attractive (and quite simple) solution...

Pluto guys, any comment ?

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 01:47:39 pm »
Hi,

have posted feature request. Hopefully it would be recognized as interesting...

http://plutohome.com/support/mantis/view.php?id=2920

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 01:06:17 pm »
it's on our features list. we'll try to implement it.
to me seems easy since both telecom and security plugins are already doing this things. we need only to tie some things