Author Topic: SOLVED VOIP....please help  (Read 4422 times)

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
SOLVED VOIP....please help
« on: January 13, 2010, 09:39:47 am »
Hi All,
I have signed up with a VOIP company called Pennytel for the time being just to test out the VOIP features in Linuxmce 810 but cant get it to register, I have followed the wiki on setting "How to properly add support for SIP providers" but it fails to add the VOIP provider after I input all my user info.......any ideas

Desperate wife wants to kill me spending to much time on the PC

Beeker

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:22:07 am by Beeker »

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: VOIP....please help
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 09:51:47 pm »
After setting up user info did you add to provider list?:

Make yourself sudo user: "sudo su"
Edit the Provider List: "nano /etc/asterisk/provider_list.txt"

Also make sure the spacing within the file is correct?

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 10:03:29 pm »
thanks for replying what is the correct spacing from what I can see in the wiki it's as per below which I have tried when editing provider_list.txt"

yournewprovider yourprovidershomepage yournewprovider yourprovidersprotocol

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 10:12:39 pm »
Not 100% sure but mine does show up in web-admin(even though does not connect). I used tabs between values.

Looks like your using spaces? Try tab and see how goes.

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 10:21:17 pm »
thanks did that with the tabs and it now shows up correctly in web admin, but the other issue is that I go through and select the provider and it fills in the correct url then I enter my user name, password, phone number & host and then click on submit but nothing comes back. Just to test I selected one of the other providers and used my info then clicked submit and it comes back showing the entry with the appropriate edit/settings and delete, I know it wont work using another provider I just wanted to see what would happen so I know it works. I copied the broadvoice config file template, do you know if I how to edit that file maybe that is where I am going wrong

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 10:28:29 pm »
Hey Kezza, thanks for your help after another coffee I went back and deleted the info I had put in new config  file that I had made........then went and added the provider on the web admin page and it worked and now it's registered.

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 10:30:49 pm »
I'm kinda at similar stage mine, I can fill in details and it DOES come back with line displaying details, edit, delete but no status and does not connect(maybe does not attempt connection). Have not had a chance to go back and check my settings in the file (might have time tonight).

No idea what is wrong with yours sorry. Under one of the menu's at the top of the web-admin (maybe advanced?) there is phones page that opens up asterisk page I could not locate any logs which I was hoping would tell me where I had gone wrong. Page may or may not provide you with some information.

...Just saw your new post. Cool glad its working that page might be of use for backend status anyway

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: VOIP....saga continues please help
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 11:15:02 am »
The saga continues, my VOIP provide Pennytel comes back with a date and time saying registered as per below
but when I go to the direct dial page and enter in a number it just sits there saying calling and never connects, I think I am missing a step somewhere

When dialing a local number, automatically prepend the area code
Also prepend a digit (1 for US/Canada, 0 for Europe)
Local Number Length
Phone Lines
Type    Data        Password   Username    Host                     Phone number   Status                                                Action
SIP    pennytel    xxxxxxx    xxxxxxxx    sip.pennytel.com    xxxxxxxxxxx    Registered Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:12:51    Edit Settings Delete

To learn about how to add more than 1 phone line, or to add a voice over ip provider that's not on the list, click here.

Beeker :-\
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 04:18:04 am by Beeker »

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED VOIP....please help
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 04:20:39 am »
Solved thanks to all for there help and advice