Author Topic: audio sync issue in myth  (Read 2159 times)

maybeoneday

• Guru
    • View Profile
audio sync issue in myth
« on: February 22, 2010, 12:43:55 pm »
Hi all,
I'm running  0810b2 fully updated/upgraded...... Mythtv

asusAT3N7A-I   atom330/ion mainboard,2Gb ram as Hybrid
kworld 399u dvb-t stick (dual tuner)
Hauppauge 150 connected via s-video to a sky+(satellite) box & external channel changer
audio out via hdmi to a sharp aquos

Problem ....audio 3-400msecs out of sync in live tv/recorded tv
             I can adjust this thro' myth's OSD , but of course it's not persistent after channel / input  changes

Audio is fine under lmce for audio/dvd playback (tho' I've  no control via ms remote...but I think that's another problem)

Everything is unmuted in alsamixer except for line in and mic
Myth frontend is setup as Alsa:hdmi and "enable extra buffering " is unchecked.
WebAdmin ....hda nvidia / hdmi

I've seen info on the web which touches on this being about myth trying to reconcile different sound options, but the solutions are old/conflicting , and a bit complex for a dummy like me to make sense of,( I have tried)

If anyone of you fine people could give me a hint on how to troubleshoot this, I'd be much obliged,

TIA
Ian

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
Re: audio sync issue in myth
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 03:16:14 pm »
That's as near as dammit my setup, but I'm using the ion as an MD, not a hyrbid. I'm afraid I have not seen this issue though, it has been working perfectly.

Did you select HDMI 2 on the AV Wizard? 60Hz refresh? Maybe it's a video issue, as opposed to a sound issue. Have you looked at the various options in mythTV frontend for playing with video deinterlacers and what not? Go to utilities/setup >> playback (I've missed some steps there because I'm at work, but you get the jist) and have a little poke around in there would be my suggestion.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps