Author Topic: HVR3000 setup and getting all buttons going on windows mce remote  (Read 3423 times)

AlextheCamel

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Firstly thankyou so much to all those whom have developed and help support this awsome piece of free software. Hats off to you all!
I have a new installation of 0810 and have worked though many small issues using the posts from others on this forum. Just a couple things remain that I cant seem to find help on:

1. I have 2 t.v capture cards a Nova S which is working well and an HVR3000 which I would like to use just as a DVB S Card for the moment. Problem is it defaults to the DVB T front end in the t.v card setup wizard. Can anyone tell me how to change the card to appear as DVB S so I can add it and get it running?

2. I have a collection of first and second generation windows mce remotes that have come with various hauppague cards I have bought over the years. They all work using the ir reciever attached to the HVR3000 but I am unable to get the menu, exit and volume buttons to work on any of them. I have looked at the setup guidelines on here for mce remotes but the instructions dont seem to match with the media director screens on the webadmin page in 0810. Any help greatly appreciated!

Rock On Linuxmce Team!

MANDINGO

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: HVR3000 setup and getting all buttons going on windows mce remote
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 10:50:52 am »
if you want just the DVB-S/S2 then you need to edit /etc/modprobe.conf to have

options cx88-dvb frontend=0

if it is a 1 then that is for DVB-T

also could you please let me know if lmce autodetect the cards, i am working on the DVB cards and have been waiting for some one to test the HVR-3000

i also have a new built drivers package that you might need to get the card working let me know

Mandingo

you can catch me in the irc channels lmce-devel and lmce
For a Current List of Plug and Play Capture Cards/Devices
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Capture_Cards

AlextheCamel

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 10:48:14 pm »
Many Thanks ManDingo,
I will give that a go as soon as I get some "Man Time" with the toys, hopefully later today. I am more than happy to help with anything you want to know regarding the HVR3000, could even do a remote session for you if you want to have a direct poke around yourself.
The card did autodetect itself very nicely and everything looks good for terrestrial out of the box so will be very interesting to see how it goes with Satellite.
Will update you as soon as I have had a play
Alex

AlextheCamel

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 08:04:06 am »
ManDiago, I forgot to mention that I also have a Nova-S card installed as Card 0. I take it that would change the modprobe.conf entry. Also, I dont have a modprobe.conf file at present so I take it it is O.K to create one. Many Thanks again for your help.