Author Topic: Missing media Icons on my Media Director's orbiter  (Read 3623 times)

Trav

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Missing media Icons on my Media Director's orbiter
« on: December 31, 2009, 11:21:02 pm »
I am currently using LinuxMCE 810 Beta doing a net boot with an Asus EEE box using UI1 and I have no Icons to use Pictures, Audio, video or TV.  I do have icons for lighting, security, and the others.  Works great on my Hybrid/core system does anyone have any Ideals?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 05:24:50 pm by Trav »

Trav

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Missing media Icons on my Media Director's orbiter
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 04:47:46 pm »
OK I tried to go to the web-admin and unchecked all the software options under the MD sub-menu and then reload and recheck them and I still have no Media buttons for Pictures, MythTV, Videos, or audio.  I have the Speaker Icon but nothing shows up after that except a blank Icon that does nothing.  Any Ideals?

anthony_p1234

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 12:40:35 am »
Hi,

I am having this problem as well, there is only a button for floorplan under the media tab where I am used to seeing "TV" "Video" etc.
Opposite to what Trav stated, for me the problem does not occur when I netboot to an MD, only on my hybrid machine.
I have tried installing a number of times and to two different machines with the same problem (granted the machines have roughly the same specs/hardware though).

Thanks
Anthony

Trav

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 05:26:47 pm »
I have now done a rebuild on the MD form the web-admin and still I have no Icons can anyone shed some light on this subject? :-\

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 09:16:04 pm »
If you are missing the auto-generated scenarios (TV, Video, Audio, etc) then you have probably configured something wrong in the setup wizard.  Re-run setup wizard and do not skip any steps.  You must get to the end of the setup wizard, where there is a big button for "Start Using the System".  After that, you will reload the router (don't force it if there are pending tasks) and regenerate all oribters.  Both of these tasks should happen automatically at the end of the setup wizard.

Trav

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 10:53:08 pm »
If you are missing the auto-generated scenarios (TV, Video, Audio, etc) then you have probably configured something wrong in the setup wizard.  Re-run setup wizard and do not skip any steps.  You must get to the end of the setup wizard, where there is a big button for "Start Using the System".  After that, you will reload the router (don't force it if there are pending tasks) and regenerate all oribters.  Both of these tasks should happen automatically at the end of the setup wizard.

I did this and still have the same problem. Any other Ideals?  I went to web-admin and looked at Media scenarios (picture is attached) as you can see there are no boxes to even check in my other room to make them work.  How do I add them with out the wizard because that did not work?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 11:04:33 pm by Trav »

Trav

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 11:17:59 pm »
It looks like this is my problem I will tell you if it fixes it for me. http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=9331.msg63902#msg63902

Trav

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 03:17:40 am »
OK was not smart enough to follow the directions in the previous link, however I did a fresh in stall of Beta 2 and it fixed the problem thank for all the help.  ;D