Author Topic: Adding support for RCS TXB16 X10 thermostat  (Read 3224 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Adding support for RCS TXB16 X10 thermostat
« on: September 14, 2006, 07:23:38 pm »
Hi,

I've been trying to add support for the RCS TXB16 Thermostat.  Because this thermostat is bi-directional, it uses an entire house code (e.g. A1 through A16) for changing temperatures, etc.

An example is using the default code table, an X10 ON signal to A1 will change the temp to 65 degrees F.  An OFF signal to A1 will change the temp to 73 degrees F.  ON to A2 changes to 66F, OFF to A2 changes to 74F, and so on.  A1 through A9 are the useful codes corresponding to temps between 65F and 80F.

I've created a device for each set of temps, such as device "65/73" that uses X10 lighting commands ON and OFF.  But this doesn't come out nicely on the orbiters.  I haven't been able to figure out a clean solution.  It would be better to have a single device that sends commands to any of the house codes based on the temp setting input by the user.

OR, if on the orbiter we could get buttons corresponding to ON or OFF states for each device.  This way, pressing the button that says 65F on it would send an ON command to A1.  Pressing ANOTHER button that says 73F on it would send an OFF command to A1.

Does anyone have any suggestions to doing either one of the above or any new suggestions?

Thanks,
Sevak