Author Topic: DHCP suddenly stops working  (Read 2923 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
DHCP suddenly stops working
« on: September 05, 2006, 06:55:58 pm »
Hello, I've set up pluto and it is working normally. I manage events, scenarios, media, etc.

The core (hybrid) is my dhcp server. I turned off dhcp in my router and pluto assigns the ip addresses of my computers at home.

The thing is that the last 2 days I’ve had some problems. Both days I was working on my laptop before go to bed and I was surfing the web, so everything was fine. But when I woke up I didn’t have internet connection, pluto didn’t assign me an IP, and when I entered the IP manually I couldn’t even access pluto at 192.168.80.1  :?

Very weird.. I had to turn of my cable modem, reset the core, reset the router and then it worked again... It happened today an yesterday.. Something is going wrong when I leave pluto alone for hours? I don’t know... Any ideas?

Thanks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 01:34:21 am »
Are your temp directories or log directories filling up and therefore running out of disk space?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 09:52:38 am »
if you disable the dhcp you'll still have internet access, and for sure you can access 192.168.80.1 using any computer.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 05:35:42 pm »
Thank for your answers.
Well, how can I check the temp and log? its a 40GB disk and I have nothing but 1 video and 1 album to test.

Last night it happened again. I had to unplugged the modem cable from the core and then plugged it again to have internet access.

About accessing the core IP (192.168.80.1) sometimes I just cant access it and I have to restar the core turning off the PC phisically.

Its weird that when I make it work, it works fine and I havent even installed new interfaces nor devices; but then, without doing nothing, it just stops working.

Any ideas?
Thanks