Author Topic: Turning on a Zwave light with another Zwave light  (Read 7716 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Turning on a Zwave light with another Zwave light
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 12:01:15 am »
for that, it's all about creating criteria. Keep in mind for scenarios and events made in the advanced section, you can create a scenario or event, and add any number of criteria to base executing the event on.

The UI for it is not ideal, but with a little experimentation and looking at what's already there, you can get an idea of what you can do. it's very flexible.

-Thom

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 02:02:54 am »
I can see the possibilities.  I just haven't managed to get one to work yet.  I can see it is an if/then statement with the if implied.  When creating an avanced event is the template column just used for show or does it mean something?  Also, if I create a respond to event in the wizard I can see it in the advanced events but if I create an advanced event I cannot see it in the wizard.  Why is that?

I have tried editing the criteria but the criteria values are not always what I think they should be.  State is a general time of day.  PK_EventParameter I think is a booleon value which seems to work real well with X10 RF remotes and X10 motion detectors.  I guess it would be nice to know what a particular criteria is looking for when it presents a text box.  I have been playing with LinuxMCE for a few months now.  I have found that setting things up with the help of the wizard is pretty straight forward but some advanced setup (events, editing templates, etc ) are a mystery wrapped in an enigma, pushed into the middle of a conundrum.   ;D

I am mainly interested in the home autmation aspect of lmce (since I already have a working mythtv server running) although I would like to integrate some ip cameras and interface my ademco based alarm system to it.  I am not sure if the latter is possible.  I have not looked at that yet since I am still being thwarted by advanced events.  It is becoming an obsession :o

Larry
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 02:21:13 am by mythtified »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 04:38:54 am »
yeah, as I said, the UI needs a lot of rework, we didn't write it, but it will get significantly redone at some point.

The reason for the disparity between wizard vs advanced scenarios/events has to do with the fact that the wizard events/scenarios use additional tables.

For now, the key to understanding the various criterial parameters, is to study the database tables and structure directly, and to use the DCERouter log to monitor events and things as they happen.

-Thom

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 11:05:42 pm »
I hope I did not come off as complaining too much.  It is times like this I wish I were a programmer so that I could lend a hand.  I am impressed with all the possibilities of LMCE.  I like the fact that so many things just work right out of the box.  I have been slowly digging into the documentation but the links can take me in so many different directions I can get lost. 

I just found something else to try and conquer, now that I can make associations I want to be able to remove associations.  I know I know.  I am never happy.  It is always me, me, me.   ;D

Larry