Author Topic: USB UIRT - learn mode stopped working - SOLVED  (Read 4061 times)

commsbyte

• View Profile
USB UIRT - learn mode stopped working - SOLVED
« on: September 21, 2009, 02:26:49 pm »
Hi,

Installed USB UIRT fine and was over-joyed when it just worked.
I created a new device, added commands and selected add new code, and hey presto the USB UIRT just learnt the new remote code 1st time.

Just recently when I now go into the template to add a new remote code the radio button will move from "learn new code" to "add manually". If i try to select "learn code" it will refresh and flick back to manual, thus I can no longer learn new codes. Sometimes it will just pop up a message saying "new code learnt" even though you have not had chance to input or press the button on the remote control.

I have tried remove and add the USB UIRT device again but this made no difference.
The only thing I can think of that may have changed is that I have added a PVR150 device, which I will remove next to test.

I cant see any errors for the USB UIRT, has anyone seen this symptom before and can help me resolve?

Many Thanks
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 11:00:54 pm by commsbyte »

commsbyte

• View Profile
Re: USB UIRT - learn mode stopped working - SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 11:00:32 pm »
Worked it out!

Just in case anyone has same problem, the device template had lost the setting for which device/port was controlling it.
In this case the USB port had somehow changed from pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0+2 to pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0+3

Therefor opened the device and changed the COM port to the correct port that the USB UIRT was running on, and voilla can now learn codes again.

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 01:02:13 am »
Hi,

Good job.

Cheers.

theteju

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 06:58:29 pm »
Worked it out!

Just in case anyone has same problem, the device template had lost the setting for which device/port was controlling it.
In this case the USB port had somehow changed from pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0+2 to pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0+3

Therefor opened the device and changed the COM port to the correct port that the USB UIRT was running on, and voilla can now learn codes again.

Can you please explain how to find out which port the device is connected to?

I am sorry , this might sound silly but I got my new USB uirt but unable to get it working.

I think I am missing some step to set it up and configure it.
I had my uirt pnp and the system installed its software successfully. followed by when I see under my devices ---> Media director i see windows XP MC remote is installed and  Infrared Receiver is set to USB UIRT 0038.
MY USB uirt Device is #36.

My questions are....

1. I do not use windows remote, do I need that windows remote installed as remote.
2. I use logitech dinovo mini. so basically I need

logitech---->core/system------>usb-uirt--------->sony TV

is it possible ?

Please help me here.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 07:30:07 pm by theteju »

commsbyte

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 11:49:04 am »
OK first to check the port of the USB UIRT, locate your USB UIR you know in your case its device 36 which is good.
otherwise open Web Interface, on left hand pane select show device tree, and locate the USB UIRT.
Now when you select this device in the properties pane, you see which USB port has been assigned.
it should do this automatically on first installation, but what happened in my case is that I moved the USB UIRT to a different USB port and it then had a little trouble reassigning the USB port. In my case it had move from port 1 to 2 etc.

2nd question, you can leave the MCE remote. IF you have an MCE remote you can use it to control your orbiter screen.
You can also add other remote controls if you wish to use them to control the orbiter screens. This of course will use the receiver on the USB UIRT to receive teh remote control commands.

3rd question, If you wish to use you logitech keyboard to control the orbiter, and control the TV with USB UIRT transmitter you need to add your Sony TV as an AV device. This device template contains the codes for blasting/transmitting the same codes as sent by the TV remote control.