Author Topic: PHP error on templates?  (Read 3650 times)

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
PHP error on templates?
« on: September 16, 2009, 06:53:19 am »
Hi gang.  I've noticed I've got some strange behavior with one of the templates I developed and checked in.  It's repeatable for me and I wanted to see if that's the case for everyone.  If you open up the Olevia TV template (1950) from a fresh sqlCVS update, then click on 'Edit Ruby Codes,' the code page pops up with no commands populated.  However, if you then click 'Update,' the commands appear, along with what appear to be IR codes.  Some of the commands have multiple copies, and those copies can't be deleted.

Both the 'Clear Code' and 'Delete Code' buttons remove the codes inside the box, but neither removes the Command.  Selecting 'Add/Remove Command' and unchecking commands no longer seems to remove the unchecked commands from the command set.

Clearing the IR codes (and fixing the syntax error noted below), gets the template working, even if multiple, blank commands are present.

P.S.
The sharp ones out there looking at the template may have noticed my bone-headed mistake in Ruby Syntax.  I've corrected the '$' placement on my machine and will check in once I figure out what's going on with the command display.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: PHP error on templates?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 10:52:11 pm »
isn't this the old, old problem with templates when hitting edit ruby codes that makes entering the ruby difficult/impossible, and is what has prevented hari from updating the Marantz template? This was a problem in 0710, but I thought I remembered someone looking into it....

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 11:00:59 pm »
I've noticed I've got some strange behavior with one of the templates I developed and checked in.

Could you check if this problem still occurs? We had some network problems with the LinuxMCE servers on Tuesday CET, so it might be, that the servers were not available.

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 11:11:14 pm »
posde--

OK, I'll do that, but I checked this in a while ago.

http://trac.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/ticket/112

Sqlcvs seemed to be operating correctly when I updated on Tuesday, but I'll check again.

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 12:02:11 am »
Posde-

I reverted everything via sqlCVS and I'm still getting the same issue.  This looks to be a real bug with the database editor.

-Peter

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 01:38:16 pm »
*grml*

This was working. do you have any idea, since when this has stopped working?

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 02:17:41 pm »
PeteK,

I have checked some other templates. Other templates work as expected. This indicates that something is broken with your specific template. Please rename the current template to broken or something, and create a new template.