Author Topic: Help with hardware! Russound Cam6.6  (Read 2527 times)

canukguy1974

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Help with hardware! Russound Cam6.6
« on: September 03, 2009, 05:21:53 pm »
 Hi, I have been building this system for months now and its going pretty good but now I am at a stand still. I have a russound cam6.6 with Yamaha RX V2500. They both have RS-232. When I run the wizard it detects the yamaha (kind of) it adds zone 2 and 3 but, its still telling me that it hadn't detected anything. I know the model that is on the hardware wiki is the Yamaha RX V1000 so I was figuring that I could edit the template a bit and be set. I guess I am hoping that someone reads this and has a similar set up that we can run ideas across. I know it recomends sqeeze boxes but when I was reading it said that LinuxMCE could basically control any RS-232 device and the receiver is just the updated model. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please spend the minute and reply to this post. I need your help guys. Its a beautiful system I am just getting to the end now and would like to finish this off and contribute my notes to the wiki.

ckerkhoff

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Help with hardware! Russound Cam6.6
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 01:58:49 am »
http://webpix.ca/files/ I did some digging and found some pdf's with the RS232 info that you need to get the reciever working. As far as getting this setup in LinuxMCE, I don't have the time to look at it, but I don't think it would be too hard.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Help with hardware! Russound Cam6.6
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 06:14:44 am »
Did either of you create the device template for this?