Author Topic: What would be needed for Crouzet home automation support?  (Read 3231 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
What would be needed for Crouzet home automation support?
« on: August 21, 2006, 10:50:11 pm »
Okay, I'm interested in Pluto again, especially as I may now have an expert in Crouzet (www.crouzet.com) home automation products prepared to help me renovate my 3-storey period home.

However, unlike X10 etc. I see there's no reference to Crouzet products on the site or the forums, so I guess it's not supported.

Would getting support added in be a big deal? Is it something only the core dev team can do? Or something only Crouzet can do? In any event, what is involved (broadly speaking) and what information about the devices would be required?

Any assistance appreciated.
tamper

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
What would be needed for Crouzet home automation support?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 04:14:21 pm »
Hi,
Can you give us more details ?
I have looked on Crouzet web page but I have seen only industrial products, nothing related to home automation.
Well, mainly what you need is to create a new device template which should be able to manage the protocol with Crouzet controller.
The developers will need information about the protocol between the PC (pluto system) and the Crouzet controller. And sure informations about the protocol itself to get the overall image. If the protocol is closed, only developers which signs an NDA can do it.
The developers will need at least remote access to one system which is connected to Crouzet.
Thanks,
Eugen C.