Author Topic: Media Director boot error.  (Read 2855 times)

cramer

• View Profile
Media Director boot error.
« on: August 04, 2009, 07:10:33 pm »
During boot of my hybrid system, I get an error form informing me that a device did not start correctly. Where do I look to get detailed information for the error?

Thanks,

Cramer

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Media Director boot error.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 08:36:03 pm »
you should see it trying to start whatevet device just before it gives that error, it will sit there and try for several seconds.

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 09:38:32 pm »
Hi,

Are you talking about the black screen with the white OK button saying something like some devices did not start correctly?

cramer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 10:40:19 am »
Yes, the black screen with the white button. It times out on that screen eventually but I don't see anything pausing prior to that screen being displayed.

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 03:04:43 pm »
Hi,

That screen can come up sometimes because you had a device, like bluetooth dongle, or something that isn't plugged into the system, turned on, connected etc.

Just wait for it to time out, hit the enter screen, whatever.  It's not a critical thing.

Cheers.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 12:07:57 am »
If you have a genuine problem with a device not starting, you will be able to see which is failing in one of the log files. Perhaps /var/log/pluto/Spawn_Device.log or even combing through the DCERouter.log file.

Also, on that MD, in the web admin, look at the devices in the Devices Tree - every device you have that says it implements DCE and is not Disabled, should have the property "Registered". If a device isn't registered, then that is probably the device that failed to start. You can then look specifically at that device's log to see why it failed to start.