Author Topic: Some .40 Issues  (Read 3150 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some .40 Issues
« on: August 12, 2006, 05:16:27 pm »
I went through a fresh install of .40 last night and I wanted to share some of my experiences and ask a couple questions.

First off, the install itself went very smoothly, except for the fact that I cannot use my mouse (both during install and after). My mouse worked fine in .39, so I'm assuming this problem may be connected to the switch to Xorg? If anyone has some insight, I would appreciate it.

Also, it seems that the remote functionality has changed a bit. When I press "Exit" on my Hauppauge silver remote from MythTV, it seems to "refresh" the screen (the screen blinks but it did not exit). Before this was working. It would not be a problem (because the power button on the remote works to exit mythtv), but if I open the guide, I have no way to leave the guide now. What is the proper message for exitting (like pressing escape on a keyboard) that should be in pluto_main.RemoteMapping?

On a related note concerning the remote, I had to do a "depmod -a" before modprobe recognized the LIRC modules. I'm not sure if other people had a problem with modprobe failing to find something, but maybe this was an oversight for the install CD.

Finally, how is the "Computing" screen supposed to work now? I tried to add a program (by adding a category and then adding a template under that category) but it does not show up on the "Computing" screen. I tried a quick reload of the router and a full reboot, but still nothing. The page in Pluto Admin for computing applications is different in .40, so perhaps I am incorrect in assuming that it should appear after I add it there?

Those are the only snags I have hit so far. The release seems to be pretty good. Thanks for the hard work!

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some .40 Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 08:08:15 pm »
Here's an update on the computing screen: when I click on computing, the Orbiter crashes and restarts. I check the DCERouter.log and i found it put about 300 MB of this -

05      08/12/06 13:10:41.323           QuickStart device with no binary to run
05      08/12/06 13:10:41.323           QuickStart device with no binary to run
05      08/12/06 13:10:41.324           QuickStart device with no binary to run

in the log. I'm not sure what that means exactly, but my goal was to simply add a button to the computing screen that launches ZSNES. To that end, I added a template in the "Edit computing applications" screen in Pluto Admin to run "/usr/bin/zsnes" and then it started spewing all of this. Any ideas?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some .40 Issues
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 11:19:15 am »
we wrote a short wiki for adding new apps
http://plutohome.com/wiki/index.php/Adding_new_computing_apps

you can use F2 to go to main menu anytime, F3 to stop any media and F4 will exit orbiter and make it restart.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some .40 Issues
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 10:50:36 pm »
Also, it seems that the remote functionality has changed a bit. When I press "Exit" on my Hauppauge silver remote from MythTV, it seems to "refresh" the screen (the screen blinks but it did not exit). Before this was working. It would not be a problem (because the power button on the remote works to exit mythtv), but if I open the guide, I have no way to leave the guide now. What is the proper message for exitting (like pressing escape on a keyboard) that should be in pluto_main.RemoteMapping?

This is not limited to the Hauppauge remotes, if you have remote with a menu button this may take you to the main mythtv menu, but I have not been able to make all of my remotes due this.  The Remote that comes with the Windows MCE USB reciever does not have this button, so on the MD with this remote, I too can not exit out of myth LIVE TV or Guide. The button seems to cause the screen to black out for a brief second but nothing happens.  Also, I can not seem to get the numbers to work while in LIVE TV.  I can only change channels while in the Guide.  

This has greatly hurt the WAF.  I would also like to know if there is a way to change this in the pluto-main.RemoteMapping table.

Thanks

Rob

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Some .40 Issues
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 12:24:12 pm »
it seems like a bug in mythtv screens, or key mappings. please add a mantis report here http://plutohome.com/support/mantis/main_page.php

thanks