Author Topic: Photo Slide show  (Read 3604 times)

cfernandes

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • my company web site
Photo Slide show
« on: July 21, 2009, 01:51:19 pm »
Hi ,
  a search for a slide show from my photos.  but this feature is not on LinuxMCE,

a use a FEH "http://freshmeat.net/projects/feh/"  a simple program  to build a slide show ,

now i need help to create a button on pictures browser on orbiter to lanch de aplication

some one can help me with directions ?

cfernandes

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • my company web site
Re: Photo Slide show
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 06:49:25 pm »
Hello ,

i have try a HA designer to change button "Play all" in picture list to execute  a feh   to show a slide , but a have no sucess.

a install on my core "feh - imlib2 based image viewer"

in a terminal i execute
export DISPLAY=:0
feh -zZFr -D 2 /home/public/data/pictures/

and the slide show run like a sharm

if some one have directions to implemente this litle button !

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 09:51:12 pm »
Its not as simple as running any old application. Anything you add needs to be integrated into LMCE properly. This means you need to create a DCE device. You will probably need to create a slide show plugin for the core as well, which would work with the media plugin to receive the "playlist" MH Play Media command, and in turn send that playlist to the appropriate slide show DCE device on the appropriate MD - don't know much about how the plugin would have to work.

Then you will need to create a Device Template for the new slide show system, tell it which DCE commands to implement such as Play Media. You can use DCEGen to generate the C++ stub code. Then fill this in with the functionality you want. You could then wrap that around any tool you like such as feh to control it based on the commands coming from LMCE. But the feh tool needs to be able to receive new commands in real time telling it which image to display next, and send its own events telling the system when a previous image has finished displaying, so the media plugin knows to sequence the next image. Also, feh has to comply with certain requirements on screen/window management to be able to interact with the Orbiter in a way that does not screw up the window stack.

These last 2 requirements (sending/receiving commands/events in real time rather than batch of images to use, and the window stack thing) are likely to be the main issue for you. And may end up meaning you are better off writing the slide show code yourself as it probably can't handle these requirements...

cfernandes

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • my company web site
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 11:54:38 am »
Thank's   a lot  for your explanation .

a go for read more documentation for this development !

you can give more documentation about this ?

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 01:06:52 pm »
The wiki has plenty of articles on DCE, DCERouter, DCE devices/templates, development, DCEGen, sql2cpp and so on, start there....

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 04:31:32 pm »
Here's the developer's guide (pretty good, answered alot of my questions on the architecture):
http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/Developers_Guide

Here's the programmers guide category on the wiki:
http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/Category:Programmer%27s_Guide

This should help get you rolling.