Author Topic: Question regarding to additional button (Scenario)  (Read 3486 times)

speeder13

• View Profile
Question regarding to additional button (Scenario)
« on: July 13, 2009, 06:21:45 am »
Hi, every1,

I am a beginner in Linuxmce. I have some questions which related to the Scenarios.
Question 1:
Is it possible to change text of the button of the "Main Button"? Example: In stead of Lighting, Media, climate, telecom, security, I would like to change it to A,B,C,D,E. Or maybe add an additional group.

Question 2:
Can i make a button which will pop up a browser which connected to certain page?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Question regarding to additional button (Scenario)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 06:28:26 am »
(1) not without changing code and/or adding elements in Designer (see my screencasts), but why would you do it as you described, anyway?
(2) not as you're asking, but you can add a bookmark in the computing section.

-Thom

speeder13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 06:40:20 am »
Thanks for your fast reply. The ABCDE is merely an example  ;D. I am actually trying to add a new group button. Which i don't think suitable to any of the default groups.  ::) There is an "Advanced" group button which i can actually use it.. But I already added quite a number of buttons on it.. which make it looks weird.  :D...Anyway.. thx.

About the link.. I havnt to discover that part..  ;) Thx anyway..I will try on it 1st..

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 08:40:23 am »
I get the feeling that you really don't understand this system and what its meant to do. There is probably a better whay to do whatever it is you are hacking together, but we cant give advice if you dont tell us the details.

speeder13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 09:00:52 am »
Erm.. Actually i like to play browser games.

I would like to add a new groups ..mayb called "BGames" >< juz a name.. haha..

Then i can choose the game that i want from the list.. ;)..

By clicking the name of the games den the browser will pop up(maybe sth like the bookmark of computing part) which links to the game that i want.. :P

Anyway it is not important..Thanks for all the comments, replies and helps.. :D

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 09:11:54 am »
You can fashion something like that, with Designer, and some code added to to the General Info Plugin (such as a new Open URL). The system is designed to be extremely flexible in this regard.

-Thom

speeder13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 09:19:08 am »
haha..It's you again.. Ya.. I am checking on it.. I didn't see that because it is under "developers" section (I thought it would be under "Users")..  :D..I am learning it now.. If I face any difficulties I will be back..  ;D