Author Topic: Is it possible to change the delay that the screen turns off after media exits??  (Read 3077 times)

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the delay that the TV screen powers off after exiting media.

For example, if I am watching MythTV, and I exit or choose "Off" from the UI2 menu, the TV on that MD turns off instantly. Like immediately.

Is there a way to adjust that time to say something like 5 minutes. That way I can after turning off MythTV, choose something from say the video menu without having to wait for the TV screen to power back up again?

I can't see a way in the templates, is this something to be addressed in the scenario for said event?

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Go to Wizard->Devices->Orbiters in the web admin and you will see a field for seconds before power off. This should be what you are looking for

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Hmm. Well that field says 600, which I understand means 10 minutes, yet when I exit media, the TV turns off almost instantly.
I will try to play with it some more this weekend. Also I notice another line there:

"Uses Infrared" and then the number "0" , which I am assuming means off. I wonder if I set that number to be "1" instead, perhaps it may make a difference, as this V is definitely controlled by infrared.

I will do some more messing around with it tomorrow, when I am at home.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
there is also a setting for "leave on for OSD" - I would make sure this is checked as well