Author Topic: MythTV problems...xmltv questions  (Read 3942 times)

ivanp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
MythTV problems...xmltv questions
« on: May 12, 2009, 04:05:42 pm »
Hi all.
After over a year with experimenting with LMCE i decided to give a try with my PVR150MCE card. After installing it manuallay (LMCE did autodetect it, but didnt have my cable provider listed) with no problems, i am having some problems with mythtv backend.
I live in Zagreb, Croatia. I see there is a built-in xml grabber for Croatia, but after i choose it, a progress bar appears locked at 50% (i guess thats mythvfilldatabase?) and it just sits there for hours. Can i somehow run mythvfilldatabase on my own?
I also tryied simply scanning for channels and that went with no problems at all, all channels were found. But i am interested in xmltv for guide data.
My setup is 0710, 2 nics, PVR150MCE.
Hope anyone can help me.

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: MythTV problems...xmltv questions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 04:50:27 pm »
for future reference you can run mythfilldatabase from the command line

ivanp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 02:14:03 pm »
Thanks guys, somehow i did manage to get all my channels listed and now i have TV guide for them and icons, YAY ;D :D :)
But now, something strange happenes. When i click TV on my Core/Hybrid Orbiter i get the following message:
"You must be a member of the "mythtv" group before starting any mythtv applications. Would You like to automatically be added to the group? (Note: sudo access required)". What the hell??
I can watch TV from KDE desktop using MYthTV Frontend. Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance. I will put in my wiki page how i got thing sorted out and point to Your wiki page Domodude.

ivanp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 04:14:40 pm »
Hmm, shouldnt have YAYED before i double-checked >:( Now i dont have any of my chanels, but i do have guide data.
So, i went from the beginning, deleted all of the cards, source inputs....
And i am a bit puzzled. Since i am using cable for my TV, shouldnt i scan for the channels first?If i do that, can i somehow "connect" scanned channels with TV guide data from xmltv?
Before i did this: In video sources i added a new source named "tuner" and chose xmltv grabber. In konsole window during the scan i anwsered on all of the questions.After that in Source Input i conected my Tuner1 with tuner created earlier. And now what?shoild u choose to Fetch channels from listing source, or Scan for channels? Sorry if this questions are stupid for You guys, but i feel like i am so close to it, just doing something stupid ;D ;D
Thanks in advance

ivanp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 11:50:55 pm »
Thanks for the info MArk, i thing i got it straighten out. For testing purposes i added 3 channels using XMLTV grabber. I had to manually enter their frequencies in mythweb and after that all works like a charm. Thank You again for putting up with me:)
I will put all of my troubles into my wiki site for other users to learn.
Here is my screene shoot so feel free to comment if anything is wrong.

P. S. Since this was just a test, can i just add all of my other programs, or should i go again through the whole procedure?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:08:26 am by ivanp »