Author Topic: Xine-Lib plugins?  (Read 3021 times)

dextaslab

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • modlog.net
Xine-Lib plugins?
« on: June 09, 2011, 05:01:37 pm »
I've been using background music for parties and such, and have been looking into using visualizations for music. I can get it to work a very dirty way of adding it to the computing section and then run a script, but not using the native Xine-Lib.

When Xine-lib device starts it says something similar to Visualization 'has not been enabled' or 'has been disabled' (I'm not at my PC right now so the wording may be different); Anyway, I've looked through the config I thought it was referencing, and not been able to work out why, so will it require recompiling or can I create a new template for it to load xine a different way, just for audio, and show output from a visualization plugin?

Or have I been looking at it all wrong, and should be using Mplayer/other to do the audio processing?

My goal is to use LED's as a UV meter, as I have done many years ago using winamp, then finally impement a DMX controller way into the future (Maybe).

Any help will be appreciated!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 05:05:15 pm by dextaslab »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Xine-Lib plugins?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 12:25:35 pm »
Look at src/Xine_Plugin, and src/Xine_Player, in our source tree. You'll see that visualizations are currently disabled. You'll need to write some additional code in Xine_Stream to deal with showing visualizations (possibly in response to device data to make it configurable.)

-Thom

dextaslab

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • modlog.net
Re: Xine-Lib plugins?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 03:09:11 pm »
Cheers Thom, Should take awhile, but worth in in the end :-) What can I say, I like pretty lights!!