Author Topic: Multiple IP Camera Setup- Either one works but not both  (Read 1804 times)

marcd

• View Profile
Multiple IP Camera Setup- Either one works but not both
« on: April 10, 2009, 05:58:05 am »
I have two D-Link_DCS-920 wireless cameras setup exactly as in this post under motion wrappers:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/D-Link_DCS-920

Both work fine BUT only one works at a time. The other camera shows only a static image from hours ago. Let me explain.

If I go into Devices and change ANYTHING in the Motion Wrapper for the camera or the camera device itself. Like just checking and unchecking a box. Then save settings (which really have not changed at all) and reboot router. Then THAT camera works perfectly and other camera doesn't. Then if I go in and change someting in the device setting for the other camera and save it- it starts to work and the other camera doesn't. The camera shows up but shows an image that does not change and is the time stamp of when it stopped working.

Very bizzare!  Any ideas? I can log into each camera with its built in software and they are working fine- even when they seem to be NOT working in LinuxMCE.

thanks.

marcd

• View Profile
Re: Multiple IP Camera Setup- Either one works but not both
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 01:18:17 am »
Figured it out. The instruction for that camera say to put the IP and mac address of camera in Motion Wrapper. So therefore I added two Motion Wrappers for two cameras. i got two cameras to work by putting BOTH cameras under 1 Motion Wrapper and deleting the motion wrappers MAC address entry.