Author Topic: Tesco Internet Phone  (Read 2566 times)

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
Tesco Internet Phone
« on: March 22, 2009, 05:37:15 am »
I have created a page on the Wiki for users of Tesco Internet Phone.

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Tesco_Internet_Phone

Hope it helps,
Jason

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Tesco Internet Phone
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 05:52:47 am »
Looks like your dialplan is specific to you, dialing the UK from the US....

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 06:14:40 am »
Really,

I have noticed that it is specific to Manchester number by the 161, but how do you mean it is speciific to dailing the UK from the US.  Tesco Internet phone is all UK numbers and I think the dial plan means the following:

999 (emergency number UK)
0044|0+. (if the number dialed is 0044 then add a 0 to the area code and disregard the 0044)
00ZXXXXXXXXXX (international numbers are 10 digits with 00 and a non-zero at the start - not sure what hapens here if you tried to dial Germany whcih is 49, so I may need to edit this)
161+XXXXXXX (161 is Manchester, UK, so this would need to be specific to the user)

can you provide some help to get it right for all users and less specific.

The real change here is in the 'qualify=60&no' because without this the phone ceases to work after 60 seconds:

'when asterisk registers itself with Tesco, one of the parameters that gets sent back is the length of time between registration refreshes (which lets Tesco know that I'm still online and listening). If asterisk doesn't recieve that parameter back, it assumes that it should refresh every 60 seconds. However, Tesco send back a value of 0.  A side effect of getting sent a refresh value of 0 is that Asterisk never sends out a registration refresh request, so Tesco assumes that we've gone offline.'

Thanks Colin,
Jason

this is a quote from http://scotsvoiplog.blogspot.com/2006/08/tescos-voip-asterisk.html

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 12:00:23 am »
Sorry, I thought you had the 0044 to direct UK-bound calls, didn't read the line properly, so yes that and most of the others are specific to the UK. You really can't come up with a non-specific dial plan as it will be different for every country... even every user depending on what they want to do. Probably best just to caveat that in your article, with the explanations below, so that people don't just blindly type this in...

Col.

tricky_dicky

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 04:38:39 pm »
That's a really good entry Techstyle, explains a lot of things which can get really confusing.

Cheers!

Rich