Author Topic: New mobile phone purchase immanent!  (Read 2304 times)

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
New mobile phone purchase immanent!
« on: March 18, 2009, 02:23:54 pm »
Hello all,

Soon I am going to be purhcasing a new mobile phone, and was hoping we could have a chat about the best way to go.

I currently have an o2 XDA Orbit, which was ok, except that it didn't like being a mobile orbiter very much! (The phone would just die when I tried to run Orbiter). So are there any mobiles out there guaranteed to work? It would have to be a proper PDA, which would probably need to be running Windows Mobile I'm guessing?

I would definitely consider mobiles that DON'T use Windows Mobile, but I need features such as the calander and internet browser and things (not that I ever sync it with a Windows PC - I don't have one  ;) ). And no iPhones.  :)
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
Re: New mobile phone purchase immanent!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 07:10:13 pm »
Funny that, my XDA IIi works really well as an orbiter as long as you don't try to switch applications, then it gets a bit confused.  As long as you only use it as an orbiter the XDA IIi works really well.

I was going to buy some old ones from Ebay for about £25 each, then mount them in wooden frames and mount them on the wall at the entrances of my house for turning the security system off (and starting my favorite album) :-)

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
Re: New mobile phone purchase immanent!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 06:34:25 pm »
Yeah, I have the original one :) Doesn't like LMCE up it one little bit.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps