Author Topic: Linuxmce can't recognize wav files from iTunes  (Read 2777 times)

dexi

• View Profile
Linuxmce can't recognize wav files from iTunes
« on: February 28, 2009, 02:00:52 pm »
Hi,

I have large collection of music on my external USB hard drive (NTFS format). The collection has been created from my CDs using iTunes. I've used wav encoding. I also have very few mp3 files as well. When I plug in the HDD to my Linuxmce Core/Hybrid the media player displays all mp3 files but none wav files.

Could someone provide any help on this one. Thanks.

Afkpuz

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Linuxmce can't recognize wav files from iTunes
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 04:35:43 am »
Doesn't itunes use some sort of encryption?  If so, you'll need to decrypt your files before LMCE can read them.  Thank you apple!  Also, make sure you have installed the w32 codecs from the add software menu.  I think that's in Advanced>Advanced>Install software

It's somewhere in the on screen wizard.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 05:47:31 am »
I think you are referring to DRM rather than simply encryption.... I have never heard that the wav format supports any form of DRM... I'm pretty much certain it does not. But even if it did, that would not prevent UpdateMedia from scanning it into the database as all it is interested in is that the extension is .wav

.wav's are playable with LMCE assuming the codec used is supported by xine.... really can't give you any pointers other than find a sample wav file from somewhere (Windows has samples) and put that in the same folder. If after 2 mins, it is visible then it is something to do with the wav files themselves, if it also isn't visible then there is something wrong with your installation of LMCE...

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 12:31:31 pm »
wav is just a container..
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

dexi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 01:36:00 pm »
I went step further and moved all my music files from the external USB to my Linux dedicated internal hard drive. Linux didn't recognize any wav files, and some mp3 files are not being displayed. Could it be the incorrect installation, although everything else looks fine?