Author Topic: Timed Event Problem  (Read 2585 times)

Dale_K

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Timed Event Problem
« on: February 26, 2009, 04:42:13 pm »
So, I setup a timed event to play a playlist in the morning.  I originally set it up to play on two of my MD's and it works great.  I decided I also wanted it to play on a third MD so I went into the timed event and added the third entertain area.  It was 2,3 changed it to 2,3,4.  Now the playlist only starts on the first TV and for some reason Myth fires up on the third, the second one simply sits there on the Photo Screen Saver.  This is true of any combination of MD's.  Any two will work flawlessly, i.e. 2,3 - 2,4 - 3,4.  Anytime I try to add a third, I get the above behavior. 

Any ideas?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Timed Event Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 09:33:49 pm »
I do not have three EA's to test here. perhaps some look into the DCERouter log while it's happening will provide some answers?

-Thom

Dale_K

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Timed Event Problem
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 04:28:59 pm »
OK, not sure what happened but I decided to put this issue on the back burner.  I setup some other timed events, power on, power off, play audio, etc.  Then I go back to this event and it's just inexplicably working.  I have no idea why but it works great now.

Also, I noticed something.  If the videos in my playlist are .dvd files, the system syncs them together, if they are .avi they play fine but not synced.