Author Topic: New UI's  (Read 3379 times)

widescreen

• Veteran
    • View Profile
New UI's
« on: February 13, 2009, 05:49:34 pm »
Before i even dive head first into the screencasts for new UI's, i wanted to find out if others were able to produce any alternatives with ease?  Has anybody been able to come up with a viable alternative after watching the screencasts? I would like any and everyone who has taken this task on to please list the pitfalls and any promising information.  Is the software used for developing new UI's difficult for a newbie?  Also, i searched posts in the forum and have been following the cirion windows 5/6 plutomo post, has anyone been about to get anywhere with this or has it been a nearly impossible feat? trying to find out if any of this would be over my head.  If you computer geniuses are having a difficult time with the above mentioned items, i know i would have a long way to go.  thanks guys. ???

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: New UI's
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 06:03:14 pm »
If you are just wanting to make a new "skin" for the UI it is very possible with just what you learn on the screencasts. Do a search for Star trek themed UI and you will see an example.

widescreen

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 10:08:01 pm »
thanks kyrs,  do u know if transparent scroll menus or widgets are possible in linuxmce, if not with hadesigner, by any other means?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 11:35:44 pm »
My screencasts are here, please watch both sections, and watch them all.

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Developers_Guide#9.3.1_HADesigner

-Thom