Author Topic: Contacts not showing up in phonebook on Orbiter Telecom\Phonebook screen  (Read 2171 times)

sedgington

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Hi,

Has anyone else seen this with a recent DVD install?

I am using 710RC2 in a hybrid setup and have been very impressed with integration with Asterisk--but can't seem to get phone numbers to show up.

Followed the instructions on the Wiki of adding contacts and phone numbers in the admin Telecom\Phonebook menus. Added private and public contacts, reloaded the router and the orbiter went back to Telecom\phonebooks on the orbiter and then typed a few letters of one of the contacts---am facing n empty black box in the upper left hand corner. Has anyone else had this problem and/or knows where or how to fix?

On the admin site you can go to the phonebook and search with no problem and it comes up with the result. It is only a problem in the orbiter. I'm thinking that it is probably a permission issue to read from the mysql database--but I can't figure out what the permission should be set to in the database. BTW, the only screen that shows Telecom data (which I assume is being pulled from the mysql telecom database) is the speed dial screen in the box for recent calls--that works fine.

BTW, the other way around this would be to do lookups on an LDAP server to populate this database. I poked around and it looked like this might be on the books for future editions---is there a fix available now?

Many thanks in advance for any help any one has to offer.

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Contacts not showing up in phonebook on Orbiter Telecom\Phonebook screen
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 07:06:26 pm »
Its not very intuitive, but the orbiter won't display any numbers in the phone book until you start typing part of a contact's name (kind of like a live search). I was puzzled about this for a long time myself

sedgington

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 07:23:43 pm »
Thanks for your quick response!

I had been trying to type in the name from a usb-attached keyboard and nothing happened--even though the letters showed up on the screen. Based on your post, it occurred to me that perhaps the letters had to come from an infrared device (which I have not yet got around to installing). Sure enough, if you click on the "onscreen" keyboard with your mouse (as if it were an infrared device)--bang--the name shows up with the first letter.

This is a great feature, is there any way to get the usb-keyboard to work as well?

Should I post this as a "gotcha" in the wiki to save other poor souls the misery of searching elsewhere?

BTW, now that I know that this will work I'm going to write an import script for mysql to bring my contacts over from Apple's address book. Happy to post it when it is done. Just not sure where I should put it.  Any guidance here appreciated.

Thanks again.

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 08:37:39 pm »
write it in PHP or bash and I can make sure it gets incorporated into the web admin on the phonebook page